A10MileHusker's 2017 TRD Off Road

• HTML tutorial

Levidale

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Gardendale Texas
Member #

Sliders look good. I have the sdhq sliders the drivers side were a mofo because of the gas tank. How was the install on the 4 runner?

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Sliders look good. I have the sdhq sliders the drivers side were a mofo because of the gas tank. How was the install on the 4 runner?
Piece of cake. No cutting or drilling or awkward maneuvers. 6 bolts each side and didn't have to go around the frame or anything.

I also don't have KDSS so that made it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tritonl

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Looks really good. I had my KO2s on for a couple hours and had to get them dirty. Very important to test all new equipment.
I really want to get out there and get them dirty, but so does the girlfriend and I promised I would wait - Boyfriend of the year award?

It super sucks that we have friends coming in this weekend on a last minute trip and so we can't get out to the woods.

It will happen soon though.

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Getting excited!! Going to be hitting the trails tomorrow with an old friend that I haven't seen for awhile

Got the grab bag ready as well as the chainsaw all ready

Installed the pet barrier as well. Don't think I'm going to keep this as I don't like how it presses on the floor and roof as it might cause dimples but it will be a good temporary barrier for the dogs tomorrow

And as always gave it a was before it gets dirty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyTKO

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nice build! Been following for a bit.

The KO2's in 285 are almost 33", did you do a lift or is it stock height? Do you have any rubbing or turning issues with that size tire?

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Nice build! Been following for a bit.

The KO2's in 285 are almost 33", did you do a lift or is it stock height? Do you have any rubbing or turning issues with that size tire?
Thanks man! I have the rig completely stock suspension wise. It definitely rubbed. I did the fender mod and that helped a lot but I still rub at full lock against the Body Mount. I am about to do the body mount chop (hopefully this weekend) if I have time after installing my CB.

That being said, there are many people who also have the 285 KO2s with zero rubbing. A lot of that comes from the fact that I have an 8.5" wide with -10 offset wheel. Most people kept the stock wheels with the KO2s and dont rub.

Reactions: RustyTKO

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Not much to report but I did purchase a National Luna Dual Battery System. I really HOPE to install it before road trip/camping trip in a couple weeks but doubt that I will have time.

Excited to have it though!

Crutledge

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Jasper, Texas
Member #

Great build! I love the new 4Runners. Can't wait to see the rest of the build.

I'm super jealous of the area you live in it's so nice up there. Lol my wife and I were in the Mt. Rainier area about a month ago and I'm already ready to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Great build! I love the new 4Runners. Can't wait to see the rest of the build.

I'm super jealous of the area you live in it's so nice up there. Lol my wife and I were in the Mt. Rainier area about a month ago and I'm already ready to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thanks @Crutledge I've always wanted to get down to Texas and hope to one day. If you are ever back in the area look me up!

Reactions: Crutledge