A round trip through Europe after the several Lock downs.

• HTML tutorial

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Will try to do Belgium, Luxemburg, France and Germany.
More I cant do I guess. Especially as I like to do in october a trip to the SVA near Nantes and in November a trip to the area around Clermont Ferrand.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Will try to do Belgium, Luxemburg, France and Germany.
More I cant do I guess. Especially as I like to do in october a trip to the SVA near Nantes and in November a trip to the area around Clermont Ferrand.
Clermont ferrand is a nice area!

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Keep us updated Bjoern. Maybe we'll see you on the road. We are most likely heading to Spain mid August for a trip through the Pyrenees.

Rick

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Keep us updated Bjoern. Maybe we'll see you on the road. We are most likely heading to Spain mid August for a trip through the Pyrenees.

Rick
Hey Rick,

Will do so! Would be great to meet some overlanders along the route or drive a leg together.

My idea for this trip is to have a good combination of sightseeing, meet people, have good conversations with a couple of beers, meet some friends, driving and enjoy beautiful landscapes.

Bjoern

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Virtual meet is always a good idea.
And as far as I know now, I will go to Adventure Northside near Hamburg.
Two years ago we had some OB members there. So maybe we can meet up again there.

As I just cant do the big trip I can try to attend as much as possible Expo's so we have points for meetings.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Sounds good. I won´t make it to the Rhine Waal 4x4 fair this year because I am holding a travel- and expedition-training that weekend. Probably I will also not go to the Northside while planing another training there (not fixed yet). But maybe I will go to the Southside in November which is relocated to Friedrichshafen fair.

How can we arrange such a virtual thing?

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E

Rick
Hey Rick,

Will do so! Would be great to meet some overlanders along the route or drive a leg together.

My idea for this trip is to have a good combination of sightseeing, meet people, have good conversations with a couple of beers, meet some friends, driving and enjoy beautiful landscapes.

Bjoern
Hi Björn,

With the recent reclassification of some Spanish areas as “Risikogebieten” we’ve changed our plans and are heading to the West Alps. We’re now on Plan “D” for this years vacation!

Reactions: Ralph and El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Björn,

With the recent reclassification of some Spanish areas as “Risikogebieten” we’ve changed our plans and are heading to the West Alps. We’re now on Plan “D” for this years vacation!
Hi,
Understand. We need to be more flexible regarding our travel plans and have to decide more or less spontaneously what works and what not in these days!
Enjoy your trip!
Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

At this moment Corona is coming up again as there are enough idiots who just dont understand the freedom comes with responcebility.
If this continues I have to quarantine myself. Not for having it, but not getting it.
So, Iam now worrying about the events I tried to do.
Will decide whatever we do like a day ahead.

theroadtrotter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nuremberg, Germany
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Wolff
Member #

Same here. Balkans as plan a is gone, plan b was pyrenees too. Now I will decide the days before (starting 22th Sept for 3 weeks)
Fortunately for overlanding you don't need to book a lot in advance or take a lot of reservations. Just be spontaneous and make the best of each situation. :)

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yeah, Just wait and see. And decide a day in ahead before leaving. I think this is the only solution to deal with the current situation. I will just look how some of my projects proceed and if there is some time in between and the situation allows it, I will do a small trip somewhere. Will keep you posted here and if it is possible to meet or drive a let together it´s nice.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Advneture Northside is cancelled. Will try to do an alternative
Yes, unfortunately, it is cancelled. Have you been to the 4x4 Rhein Waal last wekkend? I could not make it because I provided an overlanding training during the last 4 days.