97 Cherokee Sport #GoVenture

• HTML tutorial

Rob GoVenture

Rank III

Advocate I

So I figured I'd feature my Cherokee on here that I can gain more feedback, tips, ideas and info from fellow adventurers. Im a bit "proud" of my Cherokee so this thread is a bit picture heavy, lol.

I keep a bit of a picture diary of the progress so ill bring you all up to speed.

Any who, I picked up this 97 Cherokee in November 2013. I found it abandoned in the back garage of a used car shop. It had been basically left for dead. I don't know why I decided to stop at that place but I am glad I did it was the body style, color, interior I wanted.

I paid too much for it ($,000) but like my wife, it was love at first sight.

It had 157,000 miles on it back then. I brought it home and started the build in my head and haven't stopped.

Now note, I'm cheap. Best thing is, so are my best friends who are jeepers as well so they don't make me feel bad. We give/trade parts with each other and always lend a hand while wheeling and wrenching. Love those fellas!

Anyway, here is what the XJ looked like when I brought it home.

About the same time u picked up my rig, I picked up this harbor freight 40"x48" trailer. It's going to be the basis of my camping/adventure trailer build. Not bad for $50

Reactions: Seanrcaldwell

Rob GoVenture

Rank III

Advocate I

While the Jeep was down, I replace the broken u joints, rear pinion yoke, installed new 3" springs, shocks, rear 3.5" leafs, bump stops front and rear, cb, cb antenna and a few other things. Luckily no vibrations and no tc drop

Rob GoVenture

Rank III

Advocate I

picked up a matching wheel and tire for $9 for the camping trailer. Just need two more.
that will give me 5 for the jeep (with the spare) and 3 for the trailer (with full size spare)

Rob GoVenture

Rank III

Advocate I

How are you liking that roof basket? Looking into getting the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
It's not bad. Don't pay more than $100 for it. I've seen em for for $95-ish.

It's not huge but does the job fine. I've had zero issues with it. Kind of nice not to have to worry about it.

I don't know the weight rating but when we moved to San Antonio, I overloaded it with a bunch of my "jeep stuff " and the 4 hour drive was uneventful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk