97 Cherokee Sport #GoVenture

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I like the one made by Rage, it is around $150 and it is HUGE! I had it on my last Blazer, only complaint was the bottom metal mesh was flimsy but it still worked fine..if i bought another I would reinforce the bottom and it would be an awesome rack then!

Rob GoVenture

Rank III

Advocate I

Just wanted to share this small project for the small harbor freight adventure trailer 40"x48".

It's coming along slowly but today I found a ton of pvc that was being tossed out at my work. Nabbed it up and build a small shower system that will be mounted on top of the trailer cargo box. .
I still need to break down the set up, trim a few cuts, glue each union and then buy the fittings to pressure it as well as installing the shower nozzle.
.I love it. It works for me. Can't wait to fill it and see how much water it holds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'll be heading to the hardware store after I wake up this afternoon (work nights)
Need to pick up cap fittings, a shrader valve and a low flow shower nozzle (similar to some thing out of an RV)

Are you putting in on demand pump in? Or is it going to be gravity fed?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I will be using a cheap air compressor or bicycle pump to pressurize the tubing up to 30psi or so.
Water doesn't compress, so you are relying on any air in the system or expansion of the PVC tubing for your pressure. Once that little bit of pressure is gone, it's just gonna be gravity feed. Or amy I missing something that you are going to use to maintain the pressure. I know that the commercial pressurized tanks have bladders in them that use the stretch of the bladder itself to maintain pressure.

Rob GoVenture

Rank III

Advocate I

Yup, I'll be painting it black after I glue it and sand it. Let the sun "heat soak" the water.
As for pressure, I'm not expecting constant pressure. If the hand pump seems to be inefficient, then I'll simply go with a small electric compressor connected to my portable power pack.
I'm not expecting a shower like I'd have at home, but it's a small fun project and only expect "minimalist benefits"

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

You don't want a compressor, you need a low flow 12v pump, just like you said, from rv's.

They're a dime a dozen on amazon

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

If you notice, it is not building up a sustainable pressure, basically he is using the compressor to force the water out and that is how he has water pressure. So, it won't work like a tank that will hold pressure, I would look into the 12v water pumps instead of using a compressor.