Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Just thought I would share - didn’t want to replace wheels just yet so I dipped them, and my running boards until sliders are bought. Might hang on to the wheels for a bit now!
If they are wide enough for bigger tires and made of steel, they are keepers (IMO)

Reactions: LostMayhem

PapaStan

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sonoma County
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Stanford
Member #

2019 SR5 Premium
stock for now just have changed out the lights to the LED's from xenon depot and just ordered a N-fab epyx steps to replace stock running boards
Would like to throw the K&N CAI but CA is making that a hassle for me
Yota.jpg

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker

1997 we have owned for 17 years. Sonoran Steel 1.2a lift. 285/75 BFG ATs.ARB on board compressor. Homemade rear drawers using old surplus wooden ammo boxes. 220k miles. Love this truck, on our last trip though we did use the 04 runner. The 4.7 sure handles the teardrop better. May be time to start using it on longer trips.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

1997 we have owned for 17 years. Sonoran Steel 1.2a lift. 285/75 BFG ATs.ARB on board compressor. Homemade rear drawers using old surplus wooden ammo boxes. 220k miles. Love this truck, on our last trip though we did use the 04 runner. The 4.7 sure handles the teardrop better. May be time to start using it on longer trips.
Jackie, never, never get rid of this rig. It is perfect for all your OB adventures. Damn nice rig anyone would be proud to own. Take care of it !

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
Jackie, never, never get rid of this rig. It is perfect for all your OB adventures. Damn nice rig anyone would be proud to own. Take care of it !
Thanks. Yeah, I plan to keep it. Need to change the gears to 4:88 and do some maintenance. I had rather drive it & pull the teardrop with it than the 04. Plus I want to keep the 04 completely reliable as the daily. Big tires & extra weight takes a toll on the ol fuel mileage.

Swag Engineer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Just thought I would share - didn’t want to replace wheels just yet so I dipped them, and my running boards until sliders are bought. Might hang on to the wheels for a bit now!
The wheels look nice dipped. I'm in the same boat with running boards. I want to get rid of them and get rock sliders, but until I have the $$, I'll keep the running boards. I use them for rock sliders and they keep getting beat up, but better them than the rocker panels.

Reactions: LostMayhem

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What do
What do you mean "I dipped them" ?

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
I just picked up an ARB 2500 to mount on my Gobi full length Stealth Rack, but its not mounted yet. My understanding is the 2500 (8') awning will stick out in front of the rack a little bit .. but I won't know how much until I get my mounts in and get it installed.
Just curious - didn't see anything in this thread, have you received your mounts from Gobi yet? If so, how long did it take to receive them?

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Just curious - didn't see anything in this thread, have you received your mounts from Gobi yet? If so, how long did it take to receive them?
Didn’t end up going with the Gobi mounts. I elected to go with the Gzila mounts and could t be happier!!!

They aren’t as easily removed, but it stays mounted full time, so that’s not an issue.

Reactions: MTN RNR

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
Didn’t end up going with the Gobi mounts. I elected to go with the Gzila mounts and could t be happier!!!

They aren’t as easily removed, but it stays mounted full time, so that’s not an issue.
Awesome thanks for the tip! I'm doing the Mojave Road next month and wanted to mount an awning (been wanting to mount one for awhile - this is a good excuse) but didn't want to wait for the Gobi mounts.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

G8TR05

Rank III

Steward III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
XO told me that they had to sell Apollo and Rufio to fund their South America expedition and because it is expensive to own and operate a lot of vehicles. Sad to see them go. Hopefully, they'll decide to use 4Runners in the future.

Hey guys, just found this thread. Here's my 4runner Apollo. Feel free to follow me @kawroverland on instagram you can see pictures of the car and trips I take on there!! All credit to the guys over at XO for this amazing build that I was lucky enough to come upon!

-Warn Zeon platinum winch
-General grabber tires
-All around rigid lights
-CBI back bumper
-Eezi awn RTT
-Eezi awn awning
-Bushwackers
-Icon stage seven suspension
-Eezi awn K9 roof rack

G8TR05

Rank III

Steward III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
2018 TRD Pro - aside from some lighting updates, completely stock.
I love the look. If this were my vehicle, the only thing I might change would be to plastidip the TRD Pro badges to match the matte gray TOYOTA badge on the grill.