First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Some amazing Runners posted! Vance.
Now Vance you just bought yourself a beautiful little rig. You don't need to be drooling over these new rigs on here. Be glad you don't have to pay for them and build them at the same time. "Thank God I'm a satisfied man"...Lanlubber Jim

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Now Vance you just bought yourself a beautiful little rig. You don't need to be drooling over these new rigs on here. Be glad you don't have to pay for them and build them at the same time. "Thank God I'm a satisfied man"...Lanlubber Jim
What can I say? I’m a reformed Hot Rod, Truck enthusiast! It’s a bad disease to have. Two wheels, Four wheels, all good to play with, and that said with experience! Vance.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What can I say? I’m a reformed Hot Rod, Truck enthusiast! It’s a bad disease to have. Two wheels, Four wheels, all good to play with, and that said with experience! Vance.
We walk the same path Vance. I don't have blood in my veins, I have oil !

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2000 SR5 - 216,000 miles and almost as many memories. Aftermarket transmission cooler and firestone air ride bags for towing the family and adventure trailer. Lots of plans when the funds permit. ;D

View attachment 105060
I Like your rig. what plans do you have, travel or rig building. What I like about Toyots is what I like about Land Rover Discovery 2's. It doesn't take a whole hell of a lot to get them ready for the outback. That's what they do best. Anything else is just icing on the cake. Where were you when the pic was taken ?

Codebeagle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Elsinore, Utah, United States
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Porter
Member #

Thanks! This was taken from a pass along the Wild Rogue River in Oregon, west of Merlin a bit. I plan to add more utility for use further away from civilization without turning it into a full on rock crawler. I’m thinking a rear locker, mild lift to replace worn out suspension, new skid and sliders, on board air or CO2, and building a folding sleeper/storage system in the back.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks! This was taken from a pass along the Wild Rogue River in Oregon, west of Merlin a bit. I plan to add more utility for use further away from civilization without turning it into a full on rock crawler. I’m thinking a rear locker, mild lift to replace worn out suspension, new skid and sliders, on board air or CO2, and building a folding sleeper/storage system in the back.
I think I know now where you were in Oragan. I was there in Dec. 1953 hitch hiking down to Oakland ca. to get my A.F. discharge. South of where you are is farming country if I'm not wrong. You have a good vehicle for your slight build up, shouldn't need too much though, they are built for what you will do with it. Nice having you on board @ OB, THE BEST OF THE BEST ARE HERE. If you need help or have a question just check in to the forums and you will find all kinds of expertise to help you.

Reactions: Desert Runner