Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thank you.. It is still work in progress but most are. Good luck on the trails wherever you are.
I get impressed when I see rigs that look like the owners know exactly what works and what doesn't. I'm not imaginative enough yet to have a functional rig like yours, but like you said, work in process. I'm out in the high desert of NM, beautiful place to live or visit. This whole state is an OB'ers dream, every climate or atmosphere you could ever want other than any oceans. Come visit us.

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

87C1F2CB-5A64-4D29-AAC4-8ACEE0FB16DD.jpegEBAB2867-CFF2-422B-A250-03EEE7A42980.jpegD5DE1262-A387-479D-9D93-C7D8241D1972.jpeg

Hey guys been holding off posting just because I just finished the front bumper about 4 days ago.

This is my 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition absolutely love this car and fairly new to the overloading space. Out here in west Texas there just isn’t many place to go trailing other than big bend.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 105813View attachment 105814View attachment 105815

Hey guys been holding off posting just because I just finished the front bumper about 4 days ago.

This is my 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition absolutely love this car and fairly new to the overloading space. Out here in west Texas there just isn’t many place to go trailing other than big bend.
Hello Odessa 4wheeler. Your right about not having much in Odessa itself. Your in my old stomping grounds. Big bend is good but head out towards carlsbad and into the mountains of new mexico. Its closer than BB, and a lot more places to week end, like Cloudcroft and Ruidoso, then down into the las Cruces and T or C area. Lots of scenic and beautiful mountains, lakes and trails everywhere. Follow the Rio Grande valley on the old roads or come over here to the Gila Wilderness area or lincoln national forest roads.

My girlfriend lives in Odessa over by the old Odessa high school where I use to live in the 50's. You have a lot of interesting trails going east of you as well. No place nicer than lake Buchannon or the areas around Abilene and Albany. Just get off those interstates and there are a lot of nice places to go.

Just get out of the heat and go, that's what I always did when I was there. Nice rig by the way and welcome to the forums @ OB !!
Lanlubber

Reactions: Magic Mike

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
5th Gen owners with ARB awnings need advise on size! I have a prinsu full rack on order and want to get an awning to go on it. I plan to go with ARB because I plan to expand to the room later on down the road.

The question is 2500 or the 2000 model!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

5th Gen owners with ARB awnings need advise on size! I have a prinsu full rack on order and want to get an awning to go on it. I plan to go with ARB because I plan to expand to the room later on down the road.

The question is 2500 or the 2000 model!
I just picked up an ARB 2500 to mount on my Gobi full length Stealth Rack, but its not mounted yet. My understanding is the 2500 (8') awning will stick out in front of the rack a little bit .. but I won't know how much until I get my mounts in and get it installed.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2016 SR5 Premium that we just bought a couple weeks ago within 49k on the clock. Can’t wait to get working on it.

View attachment 108730
It's very nice. It will be interesting to see how it will look in the future when you try to buy an off road front bumper for this model. Normally the bumper fits below the grill area. In this case when you remove the lower valance it takes the whole grill with it ??? Just trying to visualize it !

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
It's very nice. It will be interesting to see how it will look in the future when you try to buy an off road front bumper for this model. Normally the bumper fits below the grill area. In this case when you remove the lower valance it takes the whole grill with it ??? Just trying to visualize it !
Exactly my thought. The front bumper attachment points, along with the overall bumper/grill area does not seem condusive to a ARB or TJM winch bull bumper at all. I do not think I have seen any new gen 4 Runner with one at all yet, only as you mentioned the center area upgrade bumper area. Seems that any design put forward to address that, will be complicated AND....expensive!

WokkerK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Portland,OR
First Name
Wokker
Last Name
Krumbholz
Member #

I will eventually do a winch behind the front bumper. It seems like C4 makes a nice one where you just cut out the lower front section below the grill and replace it with a piece that ties into the crash bar bolts. Seems like what a lot of people do as I’m a fan of the look of the front bumper and don’t want a huge arb style bumper.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I will eventually do a winch behind the front bumper. It seems like C4 makes a nice one where you just cut out the lower front section below the grill and replace it with a piece that ties into the crash bar bolts. Seems like what a lot of people do as I’m a fan of the look of the front bumper and don’t want a huge arb style bumper.
That seems feasible but I would still want a lot of lift if I couldn't get rid of all the lower frontal area for egress. i'm not talking rock crawling, I'm talkin about some ordinary back roads with dips and streams. What is the wheel base of your rig ?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
If I'm reading this correctly, there are bumpers that do not take the grill area. I only had to take the plastic area below the grill to install an SSO slimline bumper. 6 marking the cut line.jpg18 Lights work.jpg