Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

2016 Trail Premium. Purchased when 1 year old with 18K miles. Limited mods so far but still
loving this vehicle.

BFG KO'2
Front Runner 3/4 Rack
Swapped H11 low beams for H9 (best $25 you can spend)
Upgraded Driving Light to Philips Amber LED
Upgraded interior lights to to Philips LED
Upgraded puddle and license plate lights to Philips LED

Next Mods
Diff Breather relocation
Mobile Dual Band HAM
Hybrid Steel Front bumper
How do you like the KO2s? Did you stay with 265s? Or go bigger?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

carb850

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charleston, WV, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dodd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MGA
How do you like the KO2s? Did you stay with 265s? Or go bigger?

I went stock size, partly because I’m at stock height and don’t want to deal with rubbing, speedo error, change in mileage, etc. If I keep this for as long as I plan, I do hope to get a mild lift and will go bigger on tires.

I haven’t gotten off-road much to give an opinion how they do in that terrain, but they did great in snow and quiet on the highway. I now have 20K miles and wearing terrific. They aren’t the greatest in rain, but I just slow a little and they are fine.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi, first post here. Been lurking a little while now, just checking out the setups and reading up on the adventures. This is my 2018 ORP 4Runner I picked up new last October, ready for a camping trip with the family. Mods are limited at an ARB diff breather, Gobi ladder, and 76" x 49" Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform with backbone system.

The outback awaits you, tread gently and enjoy God's beauty. A worthy rig and beautiful too.

Reactions: JA4R and H60Flyer

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Hi, first post here. Been lurking a little while now, just checking out the setups and reading up on the adventures. This is my 2018 ORP 4Runner I picked up new last October, ready for a camping trip with the family. Mods are limited at an ARB diff breather, Gobi ladder, and 76" x 49" Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform with backbone system.

Sweet looking ride and welcome to the thread. Nice to see you taking the family on a camping adventure! Feel free to keep the pics coming.

Reactions: JA4R

JA4R

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Congrats! Looks like you're good to go. Eager to hear about your first off road adventure in it...
I drove it out to Wiseman's View near Linville Gorge a couple weeks after I bought it. Nothing super technical on the unpaved road you take to get up there, but I wouldn't want to be the guy I saw in the civic coming back down. Poor fella looked miserable. Very quiet once you get to the gorge overlook, very spooky.

At the end of the stairs is the gorge itself. Couldn't see it that day, could only hear the river rushing by.

I also have a four day camping/fishing trip planned for Portsmouth Island the first of August. Really looking forward to that.

Bluesman

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
Member #

Lanlubber, that's a beautiful area and your new rig looks right at home in it. I don't get to see much of that out here in the Sonoran Desert. I recently deployed to the area around Yuma, AZ and am looking to do the Arizona Peace Trail. If anybody has info on that I'd appreciate it. It sounds like fun. Hard to believe as much as I get out in other parts of the state, I had never heard of it before.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I drove it out to Wiseman's View near Linville Gorge a couple weeks after I bought it. Nothing super technical on the unpaved road you take to get up there, but I wouldn't want to be the guy I saw in the civic coming back down. Poor fella looked miserable. Very quiet once you get to the gorge overlook, very spooky.

View attachment 102895View attachment 102896

At the end of the stairs is the gorge itself. Couldn't see it that day, could only hear the river rushing by.

I also have a four day camping/fishing trip planned for Portsmouth Island the first of August. Really looking forward to that.
Oh yeah, spooky as all get out. Good picture, thanks for sharing. Lanlubber

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Lanlubber, that's a beautiful area and your new rig looks right at home in it. I don't get to see much of that out here in the Sonoran Desert. I recently deployed to the area around Yuma, AZ and am looking to do the Arizona Peace Trail. If anybody has info on that I'd appreciate it. It sounds like fun. Hard to believe as much as I get out in other parts of the state, I had never heard of it before.
Thank you Prez, The Sonoran desert is a beautiful place to roam. It's a shame all Americans don't get out of the cities and enjoy the wonders the USA offers. I hear people all the time say "OH I want to go to France, of Greece". I always say to myself "WHY". Keep your money here and visit the beautiful places the USA has to offer. The outdoors is a great place to be and see and enjoy. You sound very appreciative of your place in life and environment. I hope you get a chance to see even more while traveling with your units around the country or countries. I think every young man and woman should spend at least two years in the armed forces. They give you great insight of the world and your place in it. I too have never heard of the peace trail, must see it or travel it some day and will put it on my list of places to go (in the winter)!:sweat:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 97649

My new to me 2015 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro.. I’ve only had her for a few months, can’t wait to start outfitting her. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, that is so bad ass just like it is. I wanna see it when you do your thing to it.

Jace Skyshark

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Katy, Texas, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bazan
Member #

2016 Trail premium, haven't added anything other than a snatch strap, hard and soft shackles and recovery boards that ride in the back during beach trips. It's been very capable on the dunes of South Padre Island, have yet to need any recovery gear.20190722_232341.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2016 Trail premium, haven't added anything other than a snatch strap, hard and soft shackles and recovery boards that ride in the back during beach trips. It's been very capable on the dunes of South Padre Island, have yet to need any recovery gear.
Where in S. Texas are you ? Trying to figure out how close we are. The picture didn't turn out well, the front end doesn't show. Maybe you can do it again please. Thanks, Lanlubber

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Anyone interested in a 2004 4runner. Check my thread "Anyone interested in purchasing a 2004 Toyota 4 runner"
Picture posted

Envious Outdoors

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lake Jackson, TX
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Cummins
Member #

Anyone interested in a 2004 4runner. Check my thread "Anyone interested in purchasing a 2004 Toyota 4 runner"
Picture posted
Where you located? I'm currently slowing down my build to try and help my little brother (16) purchase his first vehicle. He fell in love with my runner so if at all possible i would like to try and help him.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Where you located? I'm currently slowing down my build to try and help my little brother (16) purchase his first vehicle. He fell in love with my runner so if at all possible i would like to try and help him.
I'm about 156 miles west off El Paso, very near silver city nm.

20190618_110943.jpg

270.1 KB Views: 5

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
First post in error. this is the 4 runner. Good southwest rust free SUV. Not mine but down the street from me,