Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RFE
Not sure I would get a Limited for off roading. That would be the worst choice of all 4runners!
Its certainly not the most off road capable of the 4Runners, but still more capable than most SUVs. It's going to be my daily driver and I have a young family, so I think I'm going to like the keyless entry, climate control and cooled/heated seats for everyday driving. It does have a center locker and long term I knew I could add a Harrop E locker in the rear. I think it would be more than capable with a center and rear locker. My main concern right know is the ability to add a suspension lift to the AWD system with out issue.

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Its certainly not the most off road capable of the 4Runners, but still more capable than most SUVs. It's going to be my daily driver and I have a young family, so I think I'm going to like the keyless entry, climate control and cooled/heated seats for everyday driving. It does have a center locker and long term I knew I could add a Harrop E locker in the rear. I think it would be more than capable with a center and rear locker. My main concern right know is the ability to add a suspension lift to the AWD system with out issue.
Is that it in the picture. Cause I had herd nobody made armor for them?

tstead60

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego California
Member #

Hmm I'm in a 4th gen and most people just take out the xreas system from their rigs and put in aftermarket suspension lifts. I'm sure you could do the same, but not sure

redneckcrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Haughton, LA
Purchased in March. Slow progress in upgrades but taking our first trip at the end of the month. Plans are armor, suspension, roof rack, and secondary battery, in that order. Already have done fridge, Rago molle panels, ditch lights, and a few other smaller items. Have a snorkel just waiting on funds to have it installed. I am NOT cutting a hole in my fender, I don't have the patience for it.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Purchased in March. Slow progress in upgrades but taking our first trip at the end of the month. Plans are armor, suspension, roof rack, and secondary battery, in that order. Already have done fridge, Rago molle panels, ditch lights, and a few other smaller items. Have a snorkel just waiting on funds to have it installed. I am NOT cutting a hole in my fender, I don't have the patience for it.
Nice. Have the Rago panels on mine. They are quite a useful add on. Installing SSO bumpers currently.

Reactions: redneckcrawler