4Runner Owners Registry

• HTML tutorial

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

When I met my wife in 2008 she was driving a 2005 Lexus ES 330. It has served her well and now has just over 290k miles. As she has talked about replacing her vehicle I tried to nudge her toward something a little more capable off-road. She kept talking about a Grand Cherokee which I was not thrilled about.

Then last week she said, “what about a 4Runner?” I contacted a buddy at the local Toyota dealership and they had just gotten a 2016 Trail with 24k miles as a trade in. We went in the next day and the vehicle was in practically new condition. I crawled underneath and saw no evidence it had ever been off road. I had already been preapproved with USAA for financing so we worked out a deal and signed the papers. Now we have to wait a few days for the vehicle to be inspected/certified and prepped.

I am totally excited about this vehicle, but not nearly as excited as my wife. View attachment 66866

View attachment 66868
So we picked up our 2016 4Runner Trail Premium today and it’s finally sitting in our driveway. Probably hook up my CDN M101 trailer this week and see how that goes. As I’ve said in another post, I’m not a fan of the 20” wheels and the running boards are probably gonna have to go. Other than that, I’m excited to add the 4Runner to the fleet. Definitely a huge step up in the comfort department from my 04 Rubicon.

E715FC36-38A7-4E78-883C-AD3973881A9A.jpeg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 67815
My registry:
2017 4runner TRD OFF ROAD
Stock, but I have the OME BP-51 3” lift in the garage about to go on. Gonna look a little silly with stock tires until I can afford new ones, but I can’t wait.
Nice. Remember, it's a step at a time. And sometimes something "new and improved" comes out and your patience pays off. [emoji41]

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

New to Overland Bound. 2018 TRD Pro...straight off the dealer lot for now. First project is to replace the silly steps that I'm amazed haven't ripped off already. It's my daily driver, so nothing overly ambitious planned for a while.

View attachment 67898
Welcome! Love that color.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
New to Overland Bound. 2018 TRD Pro...straight off the dealer lot for now. First project is to replace the silly steps that I'm amazed haven't ripped off already. It's my daily driver, so nothing overly ambitious planned for a while.

View attachment 67898
If you're thinking about rock sliders, check out SSO. I just installed some on my 4Runner and they look great ... if I say so myself. :grin::sunglasses:

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Hey y'all! Took me a wee bit to find this place to register!
Currently running a 15' TRD Pro 4runner
All stock for now but reached out to Icon, SSO to start out fitting for more remote trips.
We just finished a trip to Yellowstone and planning a winter Canada trek soon!

Attachments