Launch Member

Advocate III

Reno, NV
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
K
Member #

2011 trail edition with icon stage 2, gobi rack, bud built sliders, and recent addition of rago fab molle panels.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

i need to make a template for my rear windows so i can make some of these! i have a few smaller panels i made and on on the headliner out of 0.060" 5052 alum. installed it last night!

awesome truck by the way!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Cmel06

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Melgarejo
Member #

i need to make a template for my rear windows so i can make some of these! i have a few smaller panels i made and on on the headliner out of 0.060" 5052 alum. installed it last night!

awesome truck by the way!
do you have pics of the smaller panels?

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

Yes it is sure adding up but it is fun doing the research and picking every thing out. My wife says this is my mid life crisis. I told her okay!
Lol!!! Mine has officially been designated my mid life crisis car as well!!! So much more responsible than a Ferrari or something... [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

True North

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, California
Member #

A 4runner thread, nice!

I just picked up this 2016 TRD Pro. Everything is stock for now, will slowly mod things as I need them. Added a few convenience items like Huskey liners and N-Fab side steps for the wifey.

Question for other 5th gen/TRD Pro owners. Have you been able to successfully get your alignment within Toyota specs? I noticed my car would drfit slightly to the left, and my steering wheel needs to be turned slightly to the right in order to go straight. I took it to an alignment shop, and they were unable to get everything within spec (I used Toyota 4runner Trail specs, they didn't have one for the TRD Pro). My caster is slightly out of range. I found others complaining about the same thing on some 4runner forums, but it doesn't seem like anyone has found a resolution.

IMG_20180810_122934.jpg

2infinity&beyond

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Livermore, CA
Member #

Well I have been a member on here for a little bit now, but have no build thread (do have one over on T4R). My rig build is coming to an end, which hopefully will then lead to a trailer and adventure thread (Kitchen and house come first though).

Anyway here are the specs of mine. Let me know if you have any questions.

******************* Updated as of 08/20/2018******************************

**List of current mods**

Suspension Stuff...
Front set up -

All Pro +2" Long Travel kit
Fox DSCs
CVJ Built Axles
Total Chaos Cam Tab kit
Total Chaos Shock Tower Gusset Kit
All Pro Spindle Gusset

Rear set up-

Fox 2.5 DSCs for the Toyota Tundra
ICON Overland rear springs
Rear Upper and Lower links from Metal Tech
Extended brake lines
SpiderTrax spacers

Wheels and Tires-
285/75x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
17x9 XD Series Hoss in gloss black

Power Stuff...
Borla Cat-back exhaust system with chopped off tip

Armor...
Shrockworks Front bumper with single hoop
Shrockworks bolt-on sliders
4x4 Labs rear bumper and tire carrier
Shrockworks full skids

Outfitting...
Yaseu FT-8800R Dual Band 2m/70cm
Diamond antenna and trunk mount
Hella Supertones with Subimods bracket
Custom DIY dual slide out rear drawers
Powertank 10 lb CO2 tank
GOBI Stealth full length rack with sunroof insert
Tepui Kukenam RTT
ARB 2000 Series Awning.
TJM Airtec Snorkel

Cosmetic Mods...
Windows tinted from A-pillar back at 18%
Canadian color matched door handles added all around
Custom Devil Horned Toyota emblem anodized red
Rear tailgate garnish Plasti-Dipped with the Emblem still showing
ICON shift knob and transfer case knob
"ROXY" Name badges
Overland Bound Member #2898

Lighting...
OTRATTW 3 switch bank mounted in center coin tray & AOB factory sized switches for lighting
Vision X 25 Watt LED Cannons on front bumper (temporary)
LightWerkz retro headlights with FX45 projectors, Denso Balast, and Philips 4300K bulbs
Baja Designs Squadron Pros driving pattern in amber in the fog light pockets of bumper
Rigid Industries SR-6 flood x 2 on the rear of the roof rack
LED Rock Lights

Mods to be done in the future...
40" LED light bar on front of Rack, most likely be a Baja Designs
30" LED light bar on front bumper, most likely be a Baja Designs
Winch of course
Dual ARB lockers and re gear to 4.56s
Supercharger?

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Technically it's my better half's, but we picked this 2018 TRD Off Road Premium up from the dealer last week. It's our first Toyota, having mostly owned Jeeps. I'm excited to try it out on the trails, it will be a mild build as we have the Jeep Rubicon for the rougher stuff. We'll upgrade the tires to BF Goodrich K02s, add some sliders and appropriate skids and maybe eventually a small lift. Otherwise, we will probably leave it alone as it is her daily driver and we have an off-road trailer which has all the other goodies we need on the trail.

Here it is in the driveway the morning after the pickup:

The 4Runner and the Jeep, living in harmony..haha!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Technically it's my better half's, but we picked this 2018 TRD Off Road Premium up from the dealer last week. It's our first Toyota, having mostly owned Jeeps. I'm excited to try it out on the trails, it will be a mild build as we have the Jeep Rubicon for the rougher stuff. We'll upgrade the tires to BF Goodrich K02s, add some sliders and appropriate skids and maybe eventually a small lift. Otherwise, we will probably leave it alone as it is her daily driver and we have an off-road trailer which has all the other goodies we need on the trail.

Here it is in the driveway the morning after the pickup:

The 4Runner and the Jeep, living in harmony..haha!
LOL. That's what I said about my 4Runner...it is technically my wife's but she allows me to modify and drive it. [emoji41]
Good looking Rig and jeeps not bad too.