44qt Fridge for $60 shipped, possible scam...

• HTML tutorial

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I reckon it will be what he bought, i had the same type thing happen with my snorkle when i ordered it from the phillipines and fender flares from australia. It took weeks and seller was no longer available. The items seemed too cheap to be true but it was cheap enough to take that risk and paypal would have refunded me if it were wrong. I did get bamboozled once when i ordered a 12000lb x bull winch that was $65 turned out the seller forgot to type a 2 in front of the 65 and i got my money back. The worst part of buying overseas is the sellers in asia like to wait until they have enough orders to fill a conex trailer to ship

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I reckon it will be what he bought, i had the same type thing happen with my snorkle when i ordered it from the phillipines and fender flares from australia. It took weeks and seller was no longer available. The items seemed too cheap to be true but it was cheap enough to take that risk and paypal would have refunded me if it were wrong. I did get bamboozled once when i ordered a 12000lb x bull winch that was $65 turned out the seller forgot to type a 2 in front of the 65 and i got my money back. The worst part of buying overseas is the sellers in asia like to wait until they have enough orders to fill a conex trailer to ship
Most of the foreign sellers I have encountered have given notice that delivery will be 4-6 weeks minimum. I have yet to buy anything from Asia as far as I know. They sell plenty of their products right here in the USA.

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Just a minor update. It is moving through the system. In Brooklyn today.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Can't wait to see what you get! Love my 54 qt $279 Costway fridge I picked up off Ebay! The one you ordered for $60 looks a lot like my Costway, good luck!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Can't wait to see what you get! Love my 54 qt $279 Costway fridge I picked up off Ebay! The one you ordered for $60 looks a lot like my Costway, good luck!
Your right. Remember when eBay had the 40 units that were identical to cost way except they had no brand name on them ? They replaced that sale with the sale you were able to tap in to, then ran out of those.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

@Twisted , I probably would have purchased it as well. Reason being, you have nothing to lose. It's a protected purchase. A lot of people aren't real familiar with the protection that buyers have through Ebay, Paypal, Alibaba, etc., and I can understand that. I appreciate you doing it just so we can all see what you end up getting! Hopefully it's exactly what you want it to be.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

This is going to be like one of those news stories about a long lost time capsule or safe getting cracked that was discovered during renovations

I hope you get a cool fridge for the low cost. But I'm thinking you'll get a bubble wrapped brick in an oversized box.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

This is going to be like one of those news stories about a long lost time capsule or safe getting cracked that was discovered during renovations

I hope you get a cool fridge for the low cost. But I'm thinking you'll get a bubble wrapped brick in an oversized box.
Maybe, remember the Jeraldo Rivera Al Capone vault reveal? Nada! Hopefully this turns out better.

Reactions: Christopher Hersey

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Well, today I randomly got a delivery notification from ebay that this had been delivered. Kinda threw me for a curve as I knew it was in New York yesterday with a delivery date later this month.

I called my wife to ask her to take pictures of it to send me and she said nothing showed up. I double checked the tracking with USPS and it had been delivered to an address in New York. Took a few minutes to figure out that everything was correct on my end but they provided the wrong tracking number.

Who knows what showed up there. I'm not holding out much hope but you never know. These things can get weird and for all I know, it is in shipping somewhere. None the less I reported to Ebay that the delivery didn't show up and within an hour the full funds were credited back to my account. As of this moment I don't have anything but I'm also not out anything. Zero risk purchase.

If by chance anything more happens I'll update. Not mad at it so far. Like I said from the start, I'm not risking anything and have lost nothing to find out. Was a zero risk gamble.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well, today I randomly got a delivery notification from ebay that this had been delivered. Kinda threw me for a curve as I knew it was in New York yesterday with a delivery date later this month.

I called my wife to ask her to take pictures of it to send me and she said nothing showed up. I double checked the tracking with USPS and it had been delivered to an address in New York. Took a few minutes to figure out that everything was correct on my end but they provided the wrong tracking number.

Who knows what showed up there. I'm not holding out much hope but you never know. These things can get weird and for all I know, it is in shipping somewhere. None the less I reported to Ebay that the delivery didn't show up and within an hour the full funds were credited back to my account. As of this moment I don't have anything but I'm also not out anything. Zero risk purchase.

If by chance anything more happens I'll update. Not mad at it so far. Like I said from the start, I'm not risking anything and have lost nothing to find out. Was a zero risk gamble.
Well maybe it will still show up, is a real deal, and you get it for nothing !

Reactions: sabjku

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I think it was worth the risk. You can't loose. You will get your money back if it's a scam and you may get a great deal. Let us know what happens.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Funds were already refunded.
Aw Shucks, now I'm losing my confidence in eBay adds. Help's my confidence in the protection of our purchases.
Makes me appreciate Amazon a little more because you get what you order, but pay the full retail price which stinks !
I wish someone would open an online wholesale warehouse where we could purchase merchandise at the same cost as the retailers pay. (Dream on) I hate buying from a retailer who cant figure out how much profit he should make on any given item. Then they have all these half off sales, how much money do they make doing that. The mark up is unreasonably high to begin with is all that the sales show me. Bah Humbug....

Reactions: sabjku

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Aw Shucks, now I'm losing my confidence in eBay adds. Help's my confidence in the protection of our purchases.
Makes me appreciate Amazon a little more because you get what you order, but pay the full retail price which stinks !
I have had a scam transaction on Amazon. I had ordered a DeLorme Inreach satellite communicator. It was not any real screaming deal or anything but I needed it for a trip. It didn't show up on the day it was expected despite having a tracking number. I went online to report it to Amazon as lost but they had already refunded my money. It was a scam and several others were affected. They were on it fast. I ordered one from another seller and received it in time for my trip.