44qt Fridge for $60 shipped, possible scam...

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I have had a scam transaction on Amazon. I had ordered a DeLorme Inreach satellite communicator. It was not any real screaming deal or anything but I needed it for a trip. It didn't show up on the day it was expected despite having a tracking number. I went online to report it to Amazon as lost but they had already refunded my money. It was a scam and several others were affected. They were on it fast. I ordered one from another seller and received it in time for my trip.
Well then, I don't know who to trust if you cant trust the sellers for the two biggest outlets. At least the Amazon people made good on it but seems they should have informed you about the refund immediately . Glad you were able to replace it in time for the trip. It could have been a less enjoyable trip.

Reactions: Brewbud

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

There are online wholesale warehouses but they only sell to businesses. I think that's a good thing unless you don't think thee should be retailers. I had an online business for about 4 years. The hardest part was finding product that I could make money on. Amazon and Ebay take about 15% of the retail. Free shipping isn't free. I paid for it cutting margins even more. With all the competition it got too the point I was loosing money. Finding the best price sounds great but it kills any service you might want or need. So now you have to scan your own purchases. Try asking for help these days. Sales people have to make a living too.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Amazon is just 1 seller on Amazon. They take their cut and ensure you don't get screwed. I'ts a good system. Not like there is a lot of choice as the competition keeps prices low.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Amazon is just 1 seller on Amazon. They take their cut and ensure you don't get screwed. I'ts a good system. Not like there is a lot of choice as the competition keeps prices low.
Companies (no matter who they are) don't make their big profits from "the sale." They make their big money from "volume sales". It behooves them to sell as low as possible to spur volume sales. It forces other companies to be more competitive even if their profit is lowered. Volume is what keeps every thing on the up and up for the consumer, who after all is what makes the world tick. I was at Wally world today (I think everyone was) They had the Harbor freight 10'x10' canopy for sale for $40. This is the exact same canopy that Harbor freight put's on sale for $49 every holiday.
They are as good as the person using them are so I started to buy one, had already overspent my budget. Any way $8 is a big difference for an already low priced item. Almost every third person standing in my line had one in their basket. That kind of volume, bring it in , stack it in the isle, take it out sales, is what every seller should want. I bet Harbor freight didn't sell a single canopy today even though they had them on sale at $20 lower than they normally do.
No one can tell me there isn't a 100% mark up on every item the retailers sell until they give you an on sale price and even then they make a much bigger profit than the mfg.. The Chinese are selling these refers to retail sellers on eBay, amazon, cost way and others for no more than $100 a unit if that. I'd like to talk about the cost of gas too but there isn't enough space or time to begin discussing that issue. Bah Humbug again !!!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Good Night all my OB friends. Have a wonderful 4 day Independence day holiday, Have a safe one too. I hope everyone got to their destinations safely before the roads were jammed with traffic. Watch out for the usual amount of drunk drivers and watch the price of gas go down after you paid through the nose for this holiday. God Bless America !

• Love
Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
So I'm here with my bag of popcorn, waiting for the delivery the OP started June 12th, and as of today July 4th, there is no update. What type of delivery date did they give you? Some things from China get the 'slow turtle' and seem to take forever, separate from customs. My curiosity is what in the end shows up. There has been some great give and take on the subject. I'm hoping you get the great deal version, so that us in the peanut gallery can slap our foreheads in missing this opportunity. GOOD LUCK:grinning:

P.S. And Yes, i am up way past my bedtime. Happy 4th to all, I have to get up early to put up my big holiday flag in the morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: grubworm

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

There are online wholesale warehouses but they only sell to businesses. I think that's a good thing unless you don't think thee should be retailers. I had an online business for about 4 years. The hardest part was finding product that I could make money on. Amazon and Ebay take about 15% of the retail. Free shipping isn't free. I paid for it cutting margins even more. With all the competition it got too the point I was loosing money. Finding the best price sounds great but it kills any service you might want or need. So now you have to scan your own purchases. Try asking for help these days. Sales people have to make a living too.
I was in E commerce for over 14 years. Amazon with free shipping is basically killing off the competition. I have seen the trend go from wholesale manufacturers not wanting to sell to me because they didn't think e commerce was a thing to anyone being able to start one in a few hours.

For people that don't know. Usually there is MAP pricing (minumun advertised pricing) that a manufacturer puts on their retailers. Most good companies will stick to that but you'll get the new guys willing to sell under it and undercut everyone else.

Also generally speaking we would only get around 20% off retail pricing. Subtract another 3% cc fee means we are only making 17% Off a purchase. Then from their if we wanted to have a sale were basically breaking even at that point. That also has the buyer pay shipping. There is no free shipping, someone always has to pay for it. The real money is made by installs or by importing the products and becoming a "manufacturer".

Back when light bars first came out I imported pallets of them from China and my profit margin was around 60%.

Anyways. Hope that shed some light to thr e commerce underground :)

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
So I'm here with my bag of popcorn, waiting for the delivery the OP started June 12th, and as of today July 4th, there is no update. What type of delivery date did they give you? Some things from China get the 'slow turtle' and seem to take forever, separate from customs. My curiosity is what in the end shows up. There has been some great give and take on the subject. I'm hoping you get the great deal version, so that us in the peanut gallery can slap our foreheads in missing this opportunity. GOOD LUCK:grinning:

P.S. And Yes, i am up way past my bedtime. Happy 4th to all, I have to get up early to put up my big holiday flag in the morning.
Same here...box of Cheez-Its in hand waiting to hear how it turned out....