44qt Fridge for $60 shipped, possible scam...

• HTML tutorial

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

their a difference in kit's & building firearms from scratch. I find popp'n a coyote in the head @ 600 is hard to believe all day who using a Chinese ACOG knock off. lol
Just to play devil's advocate. I've owned a $100 chinese ACOG knock off and it was incredibly impressive. It held zero for the couple years and few thousand rounds I put through it. I don't recall stretching it to 600 but it was out to 400 on paper and steel often. I was always super impressed and actually regret selling it. Would be awesome to have on my rimfire AR plinker.

It's all about what you want. For plinking at targets on the weekend why not use the $100 knock off. Will work perfect for most people.

If there are people shooting back at you, get the real thing. Your odds of it not failing are better.

That being said, I own real ACOG only at the moment but if i had a knock off laying around I'd have no problem using it in many applications.

mk-Zero

Rank 0

Contributor II

Orange County, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
C
@Twisted Thanks for doing this! If it does turn out to be legit (which I personally think it will be) you could help a lot of people who want a fridge but can't shell out the $3-400 for an "off brand," much less the $1k+ for a name brand.

For me, I just went somewhere in the middle and bough an Indel B for about $500, it's got the same compressor that many of the bigger brands use for ~ half the price. Seemed like a safe enough bet for me.

Please ignore all the haters, I don't know what their deal is, it's your money and you literally have nothing to lose. And I thought this place was supposed to be friendly and accepting... Sheesh. :neutral:

Nathansharkey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Castle, DE, USA
First Name
NATHAN
Last Name
Sharkey
Member #

Personally I think people buying and selling Chinese garbage should be forced to pay an environmental levy tax for the land fills that they are filling up with unnecessary garbage. I think that the garbage dumps should charge huge premiums for dumping garbage. And there should be massive fines for anyone caught littering their garbage in non-approved garbage facilities. If I was an American manufacturer, I would be lobbying the government for this stateside and federally.

Reactions: ArkansasDon

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Personally I think people buying and selling Chinese garbage should be forced to pay an environmental levy tax for the land fills that they are filling up with unnecessary garbage. I think that the garbage dumps should charge huge premiums for dumping garbage. And there should be massive fines for anyone caught littering their garbage in non-approved garbage facilities. If I was an American manufacturer, I would be lobbying the government for this stateside and federally.

1) Did you practice what you preached by posting this from an American made electronic device?

2) Garbage dumps do already charge huge premiums for dumping garbage. That is how they stay in business. Just my weekly garbage and recycling service for my household is about $650/year.

3) There already are massive fines (and possible jail time) for anyone caught littering in non-approve garbage facilities.

4) Awfully strong opinions on how things should be run in a country you are not from, live in, or understand.

Reactions: glade8r

Nathansharkey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Castle, DE, USA
First Name
NATHAN
Last Name
Sharkey
Member #

1) Did you practice what you preached by posting this from an American made electronic device?

2) Garbage dumps do charge huge premiums for dumping garbage. That is how they stay in business. Just my weekly garbage and recycling service for my household is about $650/year.

3) There are massive fines (and possible jail time) for anyone caught littering in non-approve garbage facilities.

4) Awfully strong opinions on how things should be run in a country you are not from or live in.
The garbage fees should be triple that price. And one day soon they will be.

Are you aware of the massive global problem that the world is facing right now with garbage disposal?

I think it should be illegal for companies to sell products irresponsibly. Responsible manufacturers and retail outlets should be forced to provide after sales service for all of their products. We need to stop living in a disposable consumer world and start living in a world that is accountable to our next generations.

People are all worried about supposed global warming from burning coal and hydrocarbons but that is only because they haven’t been told about the real danger which we don’t see which is garbage disposal.

Carbon dioxide is not going to be the huge problem we have been sold it to be. It is going to be the problem with garbage. Wait and see.

And some advice for you. You don’t know where I was born and where I own a home or even where I call home. Not that it matters anyways because garbage is a world problem and not just an American one. For years, rich countries have been paying poor countries to accept their garbage. That isn’t going to continue for ever.

Reactions: ArkansasDon

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
their a difference in kit's & building firearms from scratch. I find popp'n a coyote in the head @ 600 is hard to believe all day who using a Chinese ACOG knock off. lol
Me too, even a bench rest shot at that range with anything that can shoot that far takes an expert shooter. I cant see good enough or hold my position long enough to shoot bulls at 100 yards with a hi power target rifle anymore, but there was a time I could do it all day long.. I has a Russian SkS that shot a 10" group at 150 yards and I was tickled to death.

Reactions: Viking1204

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

The garbage fees should be triple that price. And one day soon they will be.

Are you aware of the massive global problem that the world is facing right now with garbage disposal?

I think it should be illegal for companies to sell products irresponsibly. Responsible manufacturers and retail outlets should be forced to provide after sales service for all of their products. We need to stop living in a disposable consumer world and start living in a world that is accountable to our next generations.

People are all worried about supposed global warming from burning coal and hydrocarbons but that is only because they haven’t been told about the real danger which we don’t see which is garbage disposal.

Carbon dioxide is not going to be the huge problem we have been sold it to be. It is going to be the problem with garbage. Wait and see.

And some advice for you. You don’t know where I was born and where I own a home or even where I call home. Not that it matters anyways because garbage is a world problem and not just an American one. For years, rich countries have been paying poor countries to accept their garbage. That isn’t going to continue for ever.
We only know what you told us.... At any rate, you obviously have the world figured out already. I'm not saying you're wrong in everything but I am going say you are not right in everything. Yes, same planet, we should treat it right, but I'm not sure we agree on how that should happen.

I hope you enjoy your travels and life is great for you but if you simply want to bitch about the planet because I am attempting to determine if this is a scam or not, have a nice day somewhere else.

nathansharkeythinksheknowshowthingswork.JPG

Nathansharkey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Castle, DE, USA
First Name
NATHAN
Last Name
Sharkey
Member #

To be honest I hope that you end up with a quality item that doesn’t get dumped in a landfill or sent to another country to end up being dumped in one of their land fills. Good luck with your fridge. But if it ends up in a landfill in two months, at least you know the role you played in the circle.

Nathansharkey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Castle, DE, USA
First Name
NATHAN
Last Name
Sharkey
Member #

My advice for those hoping to buy a fridge for less money than the retail price of the proven quality ones is to buy second hand. It is a win win for everyone that way.

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

To be honest I hope that you end up with a quality item that doesn’t get dumped in a landfill or sent to another country to end up being dumped in one of their land fills. Good luck with your fridge. But if it ends up in a landfill in two months, at least you know the role you played in the circle.
Insert image of beer mugs toasting or something of the like here.

Cheers!

Thank you and I hope it is at least a decent item.

Perhaps there is some disconnect in that some are viewing this as purchasing a $60 fridge so even if I get what I pay for, it is a piece of junk. That I can agree with. I don't see how a $60 fridge can be very good or dependable.

I am viewing this as a several hundred dollar fridge that was hopefully listed at an incorrect price. There are several identical fridges on ebay and elsewhere selling for several hundred dollars. I suspect they forgot a digit or put the decimal point in the wrong place. Possibly confusion in currency exchange.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
How did we get from discussing OB equipment like refers to a world wide garbage problem. Cut the politics and get back on subject please. Lanlubber

Reactions: Viking1204

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Insert image of beer mugs toasting or something of the like here.

Cheers!

Thank you and I hope it is at least a decent item.

Perhaps there is some disconnect in that some are viewing this as purchasing a $60 fridge so even if I get what I pay for, it is a piece of junk. That I can agree with. I don't see how a $60 fridge can be very good or dependable.

I am viewing this as a several hundred dollar fridge that was hopefully listed at an incorrect price. There are several identical fridges on ebay and elsewhere selling for several hundred dollars. I suspect they forgot a digit or put the decimal point in the wrong place. Possibly confusion in currency exchange.
That's certainly being optimistic, congrats...I think you did the right thing whatever right is.

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

@Twisted Thanks for doing this! If it does turn out to be legit (which I personally think it will be) you could help a lot of people who want a fridge but can't shell out the $3-400 for an "off brand," much less the $1k+ for a name brand.

For me, I just went somewhere in the middle and bough an Indel B for about $500, it's got the same compressor that many of the bigger brands use for ~ half the price. Seemed like a safe enough bet for me.

Please ignore all the haters, I don't know what their deal is, it's your money and you literally have nothing to lose. And I thought this place was supposed to be friendly and accepting... Sheesh. :neutral:
no body is hating here.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My advice for those hoping to buy a fridge for less money than the retail price of the proven quality ones is to buy second hand. It is a win win for everyone that way.
That's a laugh. Last week I spent 3 days searching craigslist in 5 states, NM, TX, Colorado, Arizona and Utah.
There was not a single portable compressor model refrigerator listed for sale anywhere. Not even one you might call junk. So if a person can buy one for under $100, I'll pat him on the back. I don't have $60 to blow but I am not everybody.

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Whatever the package consists of it has landed in the US and been through a couple USPS facilities. It is on it's way to me.

The Ebay user is also no longer an Ebay user.

This is all so identical to when I ordered my grille. Too good to be true from a China seller. Item showed shipped then seller was no longer on ebay. Filed a complaint with ebay/Paypal, all the funds were returned to me next day, two weeks later the grille showed up at my house.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Whatever the package consists of it has landed in the US and been through a couple USPS facilities. It is on it's way to me.

The Ebay user is also no longer an Ebay user.

This is all so identical to when I ordered my grille. Too good to be true from a China seller. Item showed shipped then seller was no longer on ebay. Filed a complaint with ebay/Paypal, all the funds were returned to me next day, two weeks later the grille showed up at my house.
We are all going to feel pretty foolish when a $500 ref shows up on your porch. I hope, I hope, I hope