Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I've been really happy with my CVT Mt Rainier, though it starts getting tight at 3 people as that third person gets bigger. :p If you use the annex, you can fit even more. Here is the inside with just my wife and I pretty spread out..

May not be the best made, but the ruggedized version seem to have added the durability that my older model doesn't really have.

PANO_20171124_090353.jpg

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

I have a 23Zero Byron Tent, it's a 4 person tent. And I paid a total of $2,544.00 - $280 freight shipping, so technically under $2,500 USD.

Personally, I love it. They also included the annex in that price, which CVT & Tepui make you pay extra for. Not to mention, unlike others we've had zero issues with the mattress. No need to replace or add a topper.

vtrover

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

jamaica, Vermont
Member #

Personally, I love it. They also included the annex in that price, which CVT & Tepui make you pay extra for. Not to mention, unlike others we've had zero issues with the mattress. No need to replace or add a topper.
not true! i have a tepui autanna sky, the annex was included in the price!

vtrover

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

jamaica, Vermont
Member #

I noticed it's included with the 4 person ruggedized, but not all tents. So my statement stands.
I noticed it's included with the 4 person ruggedized, but not all tents. So my statement stands.
i think your confusing the issue...you were comparing a four person tent which included an annex in the price,the autana is also a 3-4 person tent and also comes with an annex included.. so you might have been mistaken, some of the smaller tents do not include annexs in the price.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

not true! i have a tepui autanna sky, the annex was included in the price!
CVT tents also come with the annex included, just looked to confirm. That was one of the selling points when I bought mine and I wondered if they had changed their pricing.

The 'Summit' series even comes with an extension for the annex (for extrat tall vehicles) and hanging shoe racks. :p

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Looks like the same basic design and style as CVT and Tepui. The mismatched annex material would drive me a bit crazy.

One thing I will add about CVT is that they have great customer service (at least when I dealt with them last, and from numerous stories I had heard). That is something not that easy to find with these types of products.

I originally bought my tent during a group buy on another forum. This was one of the earlier group buys CVT did and the response was way bigger than they anticipated. It was like 20% off, so a great deal. The downside was delivery ended up taking much longer for most than was anticipated. The most challenging was that many of us ordered the larger tents, and those were the ones that were taking longest.

Several of us had been waiting for 2-3 months but had summer trips coming up. So Bobby (the owner) shipped out the smaller tents as loaners, and let us 'borrow' those until our arrived, and covered shipping. When mine ultimately came in, instead of sending the loaner back at his cost, I offered to just sell it and send him the 'group buy' price on the tent. I sold it in two days for the agreed price, sent Bobby the proceeds, and received my tent a few days later.

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

I can honestly say with this set up you will not be disappointed. Other than the mattress which is EVERY RTT. For the price you can’t go wrong & the quality is equivalent if not better than a lot of other companies out there as they ALL buy their tents from the same manufacturer based out of China. That is a fact my friend. Just my 2 cents ✌

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Roof top tent = Minutes to setup, rocks on the ground don’t matter, less to carry in the vehicle, away from animals, a nice breeze up high, a tent with you wherever you go without having to remember to pack it, a built in mattress... the list can go on a bit more...

James

Reactions: offroadinclined

OverlandRN

Rank 0

Traveler I

We did the Craigslist route as well. $1900 for the Mt Rainier Extended stargazer Summit. Had only 5 nights on it and all in campgrounds. Drove to Bend, OR met the guy at CVT’s shop and they swaped it over to my rig (for a small fee). All in all we feel stoked.

Fits our family of 3 plus 58# dog just fine.