Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

I don't find it bad, our F150 4 door 6ft pan is a bitch to park. When going to the new aluminum body ford screwed up their turning radius. My previous F150 4 door would turn way tighter.
Oh the turning radius is ok, but for us it’s the issue of very tight parking spots and garages. We live just outside of Washington DC and Baltimore. So if it isn’t parallel parking its very tight spaces.

In other news the weather tech rubber mats we ordered came in. The fit is quite nice and I’m sure with a few days they will settle in more. Also i included a few more pictures of the interior and under carriage. Lots and lots of Usb connection points and 110. Connecting a battery unit or fridge in the future will likely be simple. The truck even has a kill switch to the 110 outlets from the dashboard.

Attachments

Last edited:

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Let us know how that IRS in the rear handles offroading, Congrats on the new tahoe I know full size makes all the difference when getting out there

Reactions: OverLamb24

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Let us know how that IRS in the rear handles offroading, Congrats on the new tahoe I know full size makes all the difference when getting out there
For sure. We likely wont have many trips in the next 3 months with a new baby almost here. We are doing a light duty trip up to the mountains this weekend for a last hurrah as a family of 2 plus fur baby. Should get a good feel of what extended driving and mountain driving feels like. So far in the limited time we have driven the vehicle is soooo smooth and comfortable. You forget it is a truck honestly. We got some new Plano boxes to load up with our gear and fit for future trips so I should be able to post some pictures early next week.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Ok, sorry about that, it's a common "complaint" here. My patriots have IRS and can go anywhere I point them if there is clearance under them, and it's not too muddy. They will crawl over stuff no issue, but once in the slop, they enter "moo mode". where the nanny's take over and the rig just sits there and moo's. Ha ha. Not very often this happens, but as long as you know it will and when, you are gold. The pat is a very capable overlanding platform if you can handle the stiffer suspension because of it's road manners. As I mentioned here before, roads I can sing on in my wrangler doing 80-100kph in the back country i can do 30 in the patriot. Just nature of the beast.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Ok, sorry about that, it's a common "complaint" here. My patriots have IRS and can go anywhere I point them if there is clearance under them, and it's not too muddy. They will crawl over stuff no issue, but once in the slop, they enter "moo mode". where the nanny's take over and the rig just sits there and moo's. Ha ha. Not very often this happens, but as long as you know it will and when, you are gold. The pat is a very capable overlanding platform if you can handle the stiffer suspension because of it's road manners. As I mentioned here before, roads I can sing on in my wrangler doing 80-100kph in the back country i can do 30 in the patriot. Just nature of the beast.
Im glad in my silverado I can turn off the traction control and stabilitrack so I can give it all the beans if needed. Ive played in the mud slop and it did alright covered the entire truck except for the tailgate which remained clean and was funny to talk about on the way home lol

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

That's a good looking rig...full size with a kid and a dog is almost mandatory. My daughter son in law just bought a new subaru ascent and it has 3 row seating for the kids, but still need a roof rack and hitch rack for their stuff.
Unfortunately the Ascent isn’t that much bigger than the forester and then to add insult it is horribly underpowered. Our forester has the 2.5 turbo which is sufficient. The ascent I believe has a variation of it with more power but imo it needs more than that. Subarus are well rounded so I’m sure they will love it especially for the most essential activities.

Last edited:

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

So ive had the 5.3 in my past trucks and suv but this one i got now I knew I wanted the 6.2 and let me tell you if you can get it, GET IT! MPG is the same or better at times

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

So ive had the 5.3 in my past trucks and suv but this one i got now I knew I wanted the 6.2 and let me tell you if you can get it, GET IT! MPG is the same or better at times
Yeah but with the new body style you cant get it with the z71 :(. Trust me I looked and verified and verified again. Not sure if it was choice or a size constraint like the diesel. Do you know if it requires 93 octane? Our turbo forester did and because of that it has made the switch to the Tahoe almost a wash since we can put regular in this. We have averaged upper teens in the mountains so far and on the highway around 20. That is very close to the subaru without all the extra gear attached.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Ive only put 91 (stupid ca) since I bought it, I have a motorsport perf backround so the 91 didnt bother me and I plan to add a supercharger also. My average week commuting to work and home witch is a 15mi drive my dash tell me I avg about 17 thats a little surface street and highway. When going out on longer trips like when we went to utah i was gettting about 19-22mpg on the highway

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Been real busy with work and the new baby, however I got some fuel cans with a holder and water cans to setup on the cargo carrier. I also got plans to make a 4ftx4ft platform for cargo inside the Tahoe. Hopefully get to setting that up here soon as the warmer weather is coming.

Reactions: haaken675

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Liking the new tahoes, just wish they weren't as expensive as they are...Grew up with suburbans and tahoes. Took my driving test in our suburban. Couldn't afford a new one, so we settled on an lr4....Not getting close to your MPG, lol.

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Liking the new tahoes, just wish they weren't as expensive as they are...Grew up with suburbans and tahoes. Took my driving test in our suburban. Couldn't afford a new one, so we settled on an lr4....Not getting close to your MPG, lol.
Yeah the price tag is easier if you don’t think about it and amortize it over time in your head. We went back and forth on all sorts of vehicles I pushed hard for a land cruiser(used of course...who can afford them new!). Second row bucket seats for the dog was a non negotiable. Ultimately it came down to buying something that would not be out of date in a few years and could support a second child plus our large dog. We needed some comfort because we usually drive to Florida once a year and do it straight. My wife grew up in a Yukon XL and I’m a Japanese car guy so here we are.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Funny how times change. Here in Taxachusetts, kids can no longer take the driving test in a vehicle if the instructor cannot reach the emergency brake. None of the US made cars or trucks in the 70's had center e brakes. They were all left foot pedals

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Funny how times change. Here in Taxachusetts, kids can no longer take the driving test in a vehicle if the instructor cannot reach the emergency brake. None of the US made cars or trucks in the 70's had center e brakes. They were all left foot pedals
Thats basically every truck.....