Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Saw one on the highway next to me the other day. That's the one with air suspension, is it?
It is an option but definitely an expensive one. I think it was 2,000+ more if i remembered correctly. We decided that it was an extra potential fail point albeit super cool. The air tank sits pretty low without a shield plate and it comes with the magnetic shocks so likely no future upgrades possible. Much like the Toyota KDSS system.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Ah, so they still offer the traditional z71 package. Good to know.

Looked up the specs on these, and the new Tahoe is very nearly as long as a 1970's Suburban! What a beast

1976 Suburban length 215.7
2021 Tahoe length 210.7

Contrast that with a 2003 Tahoe length 198.8

Last edited:

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Ah, so they still offer the traditional z71 package. Good to know.

Looked up the specs on these, and the new Tahoe is very nearly as long as a 1970's Suburban! What a beast

1976 Suburban length 215.7
2021 Tahoe length 210.7

Contrast that with a 2003 Tahoe length 198.8
Yeah she has quite the booty. However the use of the space is way better now. We were going to go with a 2020 but the 2021 is just sooo much better in every way and the cost difference is not much all things considered. I cant wait to get going with trips in this. Only downside is the aftermarket support wont likely be great for a few years.

Reactions: Desert Runner

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

After market shmafter market. When it comes to Silverados, Sierras, Tahoes and Suburbans, they are tanks with tons of storage and power. Secure your gear or luggage in the back and go just about anywhere - highway or overland - in comfort

Reactions: OverLamb24

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

After market shmafter market. When it comes to Silverados, Sierras, Tahoes and Suburbans, they are tanks with tons of storage and power. Secure your gear or luggage in the back and go just about anywhere - highway or overland - in comfort
That is so true and a reason we upgraded. I already had a hitch cargo carrier and roof cargo box but that was pushing it for us and the big dog. Now with a little one coming we would be sardines if we didn’t upsize.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Wow, that's a BIG step up (no offense to the Subi ppl). Looking forward to some posts on your adventures and seeing what the new Z71 can do.

-TJ

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Yeah it truly is a huge upgrade for us so we are very excited. I plan on taking some more this weekend. However here are some I took while measuring cargo space with the third row down to get some new storage boxes. We have been swamped with painting kitchen cabinets and preparing for a baby shower this weekend. I also need crossbars so I can load my traction boards and cargo box.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Right now, I am good with my two jeeps. I plow snow with my JK now. That being said, I am probably going to grab the new sub z71 after they get a few years old and let the original purchaser take the cornholing on the depreciation. Any 2005 ish era burban here is rust dust now.

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Yeah i just saw where you are and im sure even finding a proper one in the states is hard. The new Suburbans are just as nice as the Tahoe just a bit longer. We felt we didn’t need the extra length with the cargo box and tow cargo carrier. If we need more space than that we are doing it wrong. We didn’t worry about depreciation because we will never sell this vehicle.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Just saw a 1 month old black GMC Yukon Denali in a parking lot nearby. Gorgeous "truck". Absolutely gorgeous. Big, roomy, luxurious.

But I do admit, I would like to have seen sort of a work truck z71 version of these. Lots of room for the hiking and camping gear, and no worries of ruining anything.