Off-Road Ranger I

Casselberry, FL, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Azbill
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Jaz
I don't. I deleted all social media. I think my bro (jazzy13) is on there. Him and I are both attending.

Harper

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Atlantic beach, FL
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Harper
I think I'm pretty well set up. Except for the snorkel and most likely won't have one by then. Hopefully the crossings won't be to deep or maybe some bypass trails.

Taneo22

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alabama, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Raven
Member #

Hello,
I’m in AL and am also interested in attending.
please keep us posted.

Reactions: Harper

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I just came across this thread. I had planned to go to Stoney Lonesome that month with my kids. I'm in Orlando, FL about 2 hours from Middleburg. Is this a guys trip or is anyone taking their wife or kids? Just trying to figure out if I can fully commit to it. I would totally love to do this with you guys.

Harper

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Atlantic beach, FL
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Harper
I just came across this thread. I had planned to go to Stoney Lonesome that month with my kids. I'm in Orlando, FL about 2 hours from Middleburg. Is this a guys trip or is anyone taking their wife or kids? Just trying to figure out if I can fully commit to it. I would totally love to do this with you guys.
Im going with my wife and our 2 kids.

Reactions: SinisterJK

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
After doing the final checks with the spring break calendar for my kids school schedule, Orange County Schools have spring break from 3/13-3/22. So literally the trip kicks off the day before our kids go back to school. I unfortunately am super interested in following the trip but due to the dates of spring break I will not be able to make it on this one! I will def keep following the thread for the pics and the updates on Book of Faces as well. Majorly Bummed out I can't make it.

Andy J.

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Winston-Salem, NC
First Name
Andy
Last Name
J
Unfortunately, I'm out as well. I have a work trip the latter half of that week that I can't change. You guys have fun and post some pics for the rest of us!

OkieMizzou

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Darby, Montana, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7MTP
Unfortunately, my schedule changed therefore I'm unable to make the trip. However, if anyone is interested in doing the KAT sometime in the fall I will be driving from AZ and making the trip then. I will know the dates by the end of this month and will post them up.

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Edited for updated plans

A partner and I are putting together a pretty epic trip for March 22-28 2020. We plan to hit the entire 900 miles of the kentucky adventure trail. The routes that I have indicate that it should take 5 days, but there are harder options that some may want to try, and we would rather not be rushed. As of 10/01/2019 the plan is to have everyone meet in Jellico Tennessee the morning of March 22. From there we will be hooking up with forestry roads and back country byways, with some trails and optional routes sprinkled along the way. If all goes to plan we will finish the loop and disperse from Jellico as well.

DISCLAIMER!!! This is an adventure involving driving your vehicle over rough, possibly overgrown terrain, damage is possible. Also 4x4 is highly recommended, and I'll go out on a limb and say you might want a functional snorkle as well....
Just incase you haven't kept up with weather in the area. We have had a ton of rain and few inches of snow the last few wks. Pretty much every river and creek around is flooded. Anyway March 22nd is a long ways off but this area holds water bad, it will take a while to dry out when it stops raining. We has been pushing out wkend trip to gorge back 3 wks now. When we finally get down there I will update condition on thread

Harper

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Atlantic beach, FL
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Harper
Just incase you haven't kept up with weather in the area. We have had a ton of rain and few inches of snow the last few wks. Pretty much every river and creek around is flooded. Anyway March 22nd is a long ways off but this area holds water bad, it will take a while to dry out when it stops raining. We has been pushing out wkend trip to gorge back 3 wks now. When we finally get down there I will update condition on thread
Thanks for the heads up. One thing i do not have yet is a snorkel. I dont mind water crossings but don't want to flood my engine.

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I haven't done the whole 900 mile of the KAT but what I have done down there if the water crossings are high enough that you need a snorkel, It means we have had some much rain that the trails would be horrible to start with, snorkel wouldn't only be one of many problems with that much rain

Harper

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Atlantic beach, FL
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Harper
I haven't done the whole 900 mile of the KAT but what I have done down there if the water crossings are high enough that you need a snorkel, It means we have had some much rain that the trails would be horrible to start with, snorkel wouldn't only be one of many problems with that much rain
Cool that makes me feel better.

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
If you do camp at Mullins mine just watch out for nails and crap like that, people have dropped stuff in front of mines to keep people out I guess