• HTML tutorial

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Edited for updated plans

A partner and I are putting together a pretty epic trip for March 22-28 2020. We plan to hit the entire 900 miles of the kentucky adventure trail. The routes that I have indicate that it should take 5 days, but there are harder options that some may want to try, and we would rather not be rushed. As of 10/01/2019 the plan is to have everyone meet in Jellico Tennessee the morning of March 22. From there we will be hooking up with forestry roads and back country byways, with some trails and optional routes sprinkled along the way. If all goes to plan we will finish the loop and disperse from Jellico as well.

DISCLAIMER!!! This is an adventure involving driving your vehicle over rough, possibly overgrown terrain, damage is possible. Also 4x4 is highly recommended, and I'll go out on a limb and say you might want a functional snorkle as well....

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor Barnett

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Interested! I currently live in Florida and travel to Lexington every other week for work. I'm thinking to be settled into KY by then; this would be an awesome start.

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Interested! I currently live in Florida and travel to Lexington every other week for work. I'm thinking to be settled into KY by then; this would be an awesome start.
Awesome! I'm in Jacksonville. I will definitely be keeping this thread updated as we get farther along in the planning process. This whole thing started in the Florida frontier club, and there is an open invite there as well, but we are planning on putting an invite up on FB after we get a little farther along. If you are ever looking to get out around here I go as often as I can as well.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Awesome! I'm in Jacksonville. I will definitely be keeping this thread updated as we get farther along in the planning process. This whole thing started in the Florida frontier club, and there is an open invite there as well, but we are planning on putting an invite up on FB after we get a little farther along. If you are ever looking to get out around here I go as often as I can as well.
I'm in Longwood, def interested in getting out more. So far I've only been out on the Citrus run with the TrailStompers (enjoyed every minute).

I hear great things about Ocala. My interest are not so much technicality and crawling as much as getting out, exploring and camping.

I'll keep watch!

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

I'm in Longwood, def interested in getting out more. So far I've only been out on the Citrus run with the TrailStompers (enjoyed every minute).

I hear great things about Ocala. My interest are not so much technicality and crawling as much as getting out, exploring and camping.

I'll keep watch!
Ocala is where I cut my teeth, and my gear. I just asked the kids if they wanted to back down there cause that's where we know all the good spots, and both said they would rather explore and find new ones. I just about died for the heart well that one gave me. I'll definitely hit you up if you'd like... or you can contact me next time you're headed that way. If I cant make it at least I can give you some good spots to check out.

Reactions: Tupenny

jazzy13

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Newport, RI, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Azbill
Member #

Unfortunately, I can't go. I would absolutely like to go, but I'm going to be a bit busier than I thought over the next few months and I won't have the time in August. However, things will be settled and I will have the time in spring for the Kentucky run. Enjoy the trip and thanks for the invite!

Reactions: Overland_Serenity

vanbuskirk

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Ridgeway Ohio
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
VanBuskirk
Member #

Depending on dates, I would be interested in tagging along. I have a USPSA match the 20-22 of that month, but could do it after. I'm close to the TN line, so not far for me.
I haven’t gotten a reply to my message above yet... think it’s a dead thread man

vanbuskirk

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Ridgeway Ohio
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
VanBuskirk
Member #

Yeah I hear ya! Only notifications I get is through email ‍♂ The app won’t let me turn on push notifications for some reason.

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

At any rate, as of right now the trip is still a go. I think we may skip the distilleries as from everything I've heard, once you see one they pretty much are the same, and that gives us more time for the trail. It's looking like we will be able to finish the whole thing, picking up in Queener TN, and following the track west and north from there... should take five days give or take.