Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Sold my OEM rack for 500.00. Now I need to find another Mod. RAGO storage panels? Smittybuilt AC? ARB EZ? ARB on board? I think I can purchase the SMittY-EZ and the RAGo for maybe 550.00. I have 10% off at RAGO.
Any other ideas? Recovery items? Hmm. Or just save for larger purchase.

Reactions: H60Flyer

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

I just had to read 100+ pages on 18th century poetry then write a 1000 word formal essay in APA format (with title page, outline, and references) on Ozmandias, a 14 line poem that took form of a sonnet in iambic pentameter written by P.B. Shelley in 1818......followed by a 75 question test that had a time limit on crap that I'm not exactly into. Lol. I would periodically take breaks to go mess with my motorcycle to keep from going crazy. I do have a 99 in this class which is supprising. 3 classes left for my degree that I should have gotten 20 years ago. [emoji16] View attachment 86465View attachment 86466

Beautiful TLR. Did you install a MOSFET regulator/rectifier? Those year Japanese bikes suffered from overbaked reg/recs, but upgrading to a MOSFET cures it. I had a CBR900RR that left me stranded 10 hrs from home for that problem, so that was one of the first mods I did on my Superhawk.

Since you are in there, yank the flywheel and take it to a machine shop to shave a few ounces off. You’ll love the difference.

James

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Beautiful TLR. Did you install a MOSFET regulator/rectifier? Those year Japanese bikes suffered from overbaked reg/recs, but upgrading to a MOSFET cures it. I had a CBR900RR that left me stranded 10 hrs from home for that problem, so that was one of the first mods I did on my Superhawk.

Since you are in there, yank the flywheel and take it to a machine shop to shave a few ounces off. You’ll love the difference.

James
Hey James, thank you. Not too many people know what a TLR is, I just chuckle when I hear "Nice Gixxer," lol. It is a MOSFET. Hopefully with that and the new stator my battery charges fully. I was stranded about an hour away. After jumping I had to haul ass before my bike would shut off then I would coast until I could pop 2nd and restart it. I did that all the way home.....very entertaining. I'd fly past people on the highway then they would pass me when I was coasting down to 20mph, repeatedly.
I have some time on a Superhawk, that was a fun bike (for a Honda, wink).

Reactions: Jeepinit

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Sold my OEM rack for 500.00. Now I need to find another Mod. RAGO storage panels? Smittybuilt AC? ARB EZ? ARB on board? I think I can purchase the SMittY-EZ and the RAGo for maybe 550.00. I have 10% off at RAGO.
Any other ideas? Recovery items? Hmm. Or just save for larger purchase.
RAGO racks are sweet. You definitely need an ARB EZ deflation tool (I picked one up too). ARB on board air would be nice if you air down often - only because it's expensive. I also picked up an ARB Tire repair kit, tow strap, high quality jumper cables (with canvas storage bag), first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, flashlight, gloves, trunk storage container, and bungee's/cargo straps. All that stuff adds up which is why I have not bought anything big yet, lol. I want to add a small tool bag as well. I have a compressor coming, my old man is getting it for me. .....go ahead and pull the trigger on the storage panels!!!!!!

Did you finish the Prinsu install?

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

RAGO racks are sweet. You definitely need an ARB EZ deflation tool (I picked one up too). ARB on board air would be nice if you air down often - only because it's expensive. I also picked up an ARB Tire repair kit, tow strap, high quality jumper cables (with canvas storage bag), first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, flashlight, gloves, trunk storage container, and bungee's/cargo straps. All that stuff adds up which is why I have not bought anything big yet, lol. I want to add a small tool bag as well. I have a compressor coming, my old man is getting it for me. .....go ahead and pull the trigger on the storage panels!!!!!!

Did you finish the Prinsu install?
Dang!!! You’ve been busy!!!! Looks like you picked up quite a bit. I did finish the install except I’m having a small strip of Clear film installed on the roof under the wind deflector. I still want to place another coating of RVT around the cylinder spacers. I’ll finish that this weekend with some friends. Good excuse for BBQ and beers. I’m paranoid about a leak. I’ll have it all together tomorrow with the win deflector installed again and will post some pics. I’m shopping online for a few things just haven’t pulled the trigger. I think I’ll wait until this weekend to see if there’s anything at the show. Prices should be fairly good there The show is at the fairgrounds this weekend. I’m walking distance from there. I drove by this morning and a Dick Cepek trailer was there along with a few others. I think they are starting to arrive regularly for the show. I’ll walk over and take some pics of the trailers tomorrow. Hopefully some good vendors will show.

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Dang!!! You’ve been busy!!!! Looks like you picked up quite a bit. I did finish the install except I’m having a small strip of Clear film installed on the roof under the wind deflector. I still want to place another coating of RVT around the cylinder spacers. I’ll finish that this weekend with some friends. Good excuse for BBQ and beers. I’m paranoid about a leak. I’ll have it all together tomorrow with the win deflector installed again and will post some pics. I’m shopping online for a few things just haven’t pulled the trigger. I think I’ll wait until this weekend to see if there’s anything at the show. Prices should be fairly good there The show is at the fairgrounds this weekend. I’m walking distance from there. I drove by this morning and a Dick Cepek trailer was there along with a few others. I think they are starting to arrive regularly for the show. I’ll walk over and take some pics of the trailers tomorrow. Hopefully some good vendors will show.
Yea, I would wait as well. I'm jealous. ....that would be pretty cool to walk around and look at things and talk to people. This is the compressor I'm getting. Nothing special but reviews are great. People seem to love it and will suit my needs for now. .......Definitely post some cool pics of Vader (after you wash it, lol) and the show!

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Yea, I would wait as well. I'm jealous. ....that would be pretty cool to walk around and look at things and talk to people. This is the compressor I'm getting. Nothing special but reviews are great. People seem to love it and will suit my needs for now. .......Definitely post some cool pics of Vader (after you wash it, lol) and the show!
This thing.2019-02-20%2022.15.44.jpeg

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Nice! I’ve read that those are popular. Cool! Ok. I will take pics! No washing until the weekend and I finish the last application of RVT!!! I think I’m going to apply the Vader sticker on the Air Deflector.
Totally looking forward to the show. I think my wiring harness will be here tomorrow for my light bar. I’ll try and install it Friday or Saturday. Yota’s arrive Friday. I’m going to try and set them up without the zip ties. Not sure if I’ll be able to, but I’ll try. I’ll keep ya in the loop!

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Nice! I’ve read that those are popular. Cool! Ok. I will take pics! No washing until the weekend and I finish the last application of RVT!!! I think I’m going to apply the Vader sticker on the Air Deflector.
Totally looking forward to the show. I think my wiring harness will be here tomorrow for my light bar. I’ll try and install it Friday or Saturday. Yota’s arrive Friday. I’m going to try and set them up without the zip ties. Not sure if I’ll be able to, but I’ll try. I’ll keep ya in the loop!
Yea, definitely let me know about the lights. I'm not a huge fan of the zip ties either. I'm going to try and engineer something as well. I have access to a top of the line metal/fabrication shop.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Yea, definitely let me know about the lights. I'm not a huge fan of the zip ties either. I'm going to try and engineer something as well. I have access to a top of the line metal/fabrication shop.
Nice. One of my buddies is a sheet metal guy. He may have some ideas.