Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Finally got it put on last night in the snow. Gonna drive around with it for a few days to make sure everything holds up well. I did plan for the overhang but needed the space for my family of four. The aesthetic doesn’t bother me and the tent is plenty supported so it should be fine.
59631ABC-DFD4-4CAF-8B56-BC3EA8B167D1.jpeg6F403526-1D37-4739-91DB-33A07D9F2B6F.jpegF4D8A499-83B0-4BCB-A71D-FDEB1E282456.jpeg4D959B07-499A-4336-8995-4706EDA1A011.jpeg

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Go Fast Camper went on today and it’s been worth the wait. Up in Montana for the day/night with tomorrow’s plan to visit Yellowstone and Grand Tetons before heading towards home. Too cold to spend the night in Yellowstone in the tent this trip sadly. More photos to come over the weekend!6565D032-3D01-4077-AA6C-2E615B2A1CAF.jpeg

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Go Fast Camper went on today and it’s been worth the wait. Up in Montana for the day/night with tomorrow’s plan to visit Yellowstone and Grand Tetons before heading towards home. Too cold to spend the night in Yellowstone in the tent this trip sadly. More photos to come over the weekend!View attachment 140102
Oh man, that’s a beauty. That setup is gonna treat you so well. Can’t wait to see some open pics!

Last edited:
Reactions: WalkerTexasRanger

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Hey Hoosier, when you get the time can you show off your 12V outlet in the bed of the truck and how you wired it up?

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Hey Hoosier, when you get the time can you show off your 12V outlet in the bed of the truck and how you wired it up?
Hey Chase, here you go:

On the wiring, you have to make sure you buy the harness from Ford when you order the socket. There's already a harness running all the way to the bed that gets used for any truck getting the 12v from the factory. That harness is on the driver's side and is zip tied on top of the frame. Just clip it loose, pull the dummy plug out of it, and plut in the newly purchased harness that goes from the existing harness to the back of the 12v plug. Hope that helps!

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

@HoosierT quick question, do you happen to know what wires in/around the bed of the Rangers are always hot? I’ve searched a couple forums and the oem 12v bed socket (the one you have) cuts power after a bit. I’m thinking I may be able to tap into brake light wires? The wife bought me this https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop/ols/products/go-fast-led-light-kit-upper-lower and I’m wanting it to be wired hot so they can be turned on at any time. Any ideas/advice? Only other option is going with a SP9100 and putting the switch panel in the bed and running wires from the battery.

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

@HoosierT quick question, do you happen to know what wires in/around the bed of the Rangers are always hot? I’ve searched a couple forums and the oem 12v bed socket (the one you have) cuts power after a bit. I’m thinking I may be able to tap into brake light wires? The wife bought me this https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop/ols/products/go-fast-led-light-kit-upper-lower and I’m wanting it to be wired hot so they can be turned on at any time. Any ideas/advice? Only other option is going with a SP9100 and putting the switch panel in the bed and running wires from the battery.
I have not found any always hot wires in the rear. When my topper was installed, they pulled a wire direct from the battery for the lights.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I have not found any always hot wires in the rear. When my topper was installed, they pulled a wire direct from the battery for the lights.
I believe RVA is right here. i'm not aware of any hot wires going back there. Are you planning to run an aux battery in the bed for fridge and stuff? That's how I'll be powering my tent/rear lights.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

I believe RVA is right here. i'm not aware of any hot wires going back there. Are you planning to run an aux battery in the bed for fridge and stuff? That's how I'll be powering my tent/rear lights.
My plan is to hard wire these lights into the truck, then run anything else (fridge, charging stuff, etc) off of a goal zero yeti. I read over the light info again and it’s worded as if everything is included for the install so I’ll see when I open the box. So I may just have to run wires from the battery if the kit is lacking. Thanks guys! I’ll give an update when it’s figured out

Reactions: RVA Overland