Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Good to see you on here! You are literally right around the corner from me. Any trips planned for this year yet?

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

So had my first real test on the trails this weekend. Headed out with my son to camp and test out the new truck. Camping was great, little rain and a nice breeze to dry everything out. Woke up in the morning and got to the real work. Trail definitely tested m comfort. I got to start teaching my son how to spot and got to use 4 wheel low, the rear lockers and the sliders. Didn't get pics of every challenge and unfortunately not the worst of what we did, but did get to give it a full test.

DSC04284.jpg

DSC04316.jpg

DSC04321.jpg

DSC04323.jpg

DSC04334.jpg

DSC04341.jpg

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Just ordered a battery pack to power my fridge and other camp life items. Went with the EcoFlow R600 Pro. Current cost on Kickstarter is great and it has a good runtime. Cant wait to get it, supposed to arrive in September. Will have a review when it arrives.

EcoFlow R600 - Modular Portable Power Station

r600.png

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Not an upgrade, just a great night of camping with my wife. Hard to find the time to escape now that life is taking back over but we were able to get out alone and enjoy the mountains for a night in the RTT and a nice hike the next morning. Love getting to spend time in nature with my family. Actually, now that I think about it, there was a test I performed on this trip. Just before we left for the mountains the Mailman drove by and dropped of a new Terrain Management selection knob which I switched out in about 5 minutes. I used Forscan to turn the feature on since I bought a 4x4 edition and not the FX4. Once I plugged the new switch in it appeared to work. While on the trail I found a nice spot to unweight my tires some to cause slipping to see if the system worked as designed. My initial thoughts are that it did. I think I heard the ABS kick in to push power to the wheels with traction.

DSC04399 cropped.jpg

Last edited:

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Latest install was a set of shrockworks sliders. Install was easier than I expected. Used some jack stands to hold the sliders while I moved them into position so I was able to complete the install without anyone holding them for me. Tool about an hour to complete.

20200414_173112.jpg

20200414_180824.jpg
I think I just found my next purchase. How you liking these?

morganwest95

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
West
Member #

Nice rig! Mine is still stock, but I think that I am going to go with the level 2 performance package from Ford which is fully warrantied. Even has an engine tune that brings the performance almost up to the 2.7L Ecoboost. I'm a fan of keeping the warranty that I paid for haha.

Reactions: RVA Overland

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Nice rig! Mine is still stock, but I think that I am going to go with the level 2 performance package from Ford which is fully warrantied. Even has an engine tune that brings the performance almost up to the 2.7L Ecoboost. I'm a fan of keeping the warranty that I paid for haha.
Really is a great option. Have some suspension stuff to do next. Have not needed more power yet.

RedHawk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Atlanta, GA 30315, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Service Branch
DisabledArmy Veteran
Next was the Leer Cap. I needed a way that I could haul my gear, my dog, and my kids so I went with a cap. My F150 had a similar setup but I learned from my mistakes of old. This time I picked up a cap with their windoors so I can access my camping gear from the side of the truck. The Fridge is accessible as well which is great. No longer need to pull the fridge out to access my yummy cold treats.
HOw much was the Leer Cap with win-doors and i'm guessing you got a skeleton frame to support the weight on top? Asking because my other option is RSISmartCap (holds 770 lbs).

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

HOw much was the Leer Cap with win-doors and i'm guessing you got a skeleton frame to support the weight on top? Asking because my other option is RSISmartCap (holds 770 lbs).
cant remember exactly what the cap cost but it was around 1700. I do not have any additional framing inside for support of the RTT and have never had a problem. Same with the F150. It was up there for a while with no issues.

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I love it because I'm a huge Ranger Head myself! I'm still working on kitting out my truck for adventure; my plan is to get out in the early spring up in North Georgia. I like how your truck is turning out! Once the weather warms up, I'm going to seal my tailgate to help with the dust intrusion. I still need rock sliders and bigger tires! Here's mine:
2020-12-23 15.51.24.jpg
2020-12-24 16.57.41.jpg
2021-01-02 11.52.08.jpg

Reactions: RedHawk

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

I love it because I'm a huge Ranger Head myself! I'm still working on kitting out my truck for adventure; my plan is to get out in the early spring up in North Georgia. I like how your truck is turning out! Once the weather warms up, I'm going to seal my tailgate to help with the dust intrusion. I still need rock sliders and bigger tires! Here's mine:
View attachment 183312
View attachment 183310
View attachment 183311
Looks great. I still want several of things you have done like the snorkel and ARB bumper. Those have to wait a while though. Next will most likely be tires for me. I "sealed" the tailgate area which helps but is not perfect. The rock sliders were one of my first changes as I wanted to protect those rocker panels from a mistake. Keep it up, love seeing what everyone is doing on their rigs.