Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

I picked up a new Ranger at the end of last year and have been slowly building it out for offroad use and camping. So far it had been a fun build but there is so much more to do. Most recently (yesterday) I installed a set of rock sliders from Shrockworks. This was a super easy install taking about 1 hour. One of the things I love about their design is the need to only drill 1 hole in the frame to get full strength out of their system. I will get some more of my upgrades posted to this thread

Attachments

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

How is the ranger holding up ? Any complaints so far with it ? With these 0% apr offers a new rig is sounding good and the ranger is definitely on my radar

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

My only complaint so far is that the back seat does not fold flat. Other then that its been great. The ride is comfortable and gas mileage has been holding up even with all the stuff on top. Been a while since I did a hand calculation though. I would definitely recommend taking a peak. If the budget allows I would get the FX4. I did not but with the discounts out there that may be a great option.

Reactions: BlackbeardZC

BlackbeardZC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ohio
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Nice rig! I’ve been looking into getting a new Ranger myself

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Hello RVA. do you have a lift kit with bigger tires?
I have not done the tires yet, I did install a 2.5 inch level up front. Next Mod will either be the tires or the suspension. Thinking of going with the OME, which will keep the front about where it is but the back side will come up some more. Need to see how much weight I have added so far so I know which leaf pack to get.

Reactions: MudTruck

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Guess I will add a short Mod List for what I have done. I will add pics if I have them as I get around to it.

Leer 100r Cap
Smittybilt RTT
Shrockworks Sliders
CVT Awning
Ford Ranger Lifts 2.5" Level
Rigid Lights - A Pillar
Lightforce Switch Fascia
Cheap Fridge (Ausranvik)
12v Anderson Powerpoint in Bed
Plywood Floor in Bed to Secure Cargo to

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Now I will go back and start showing the mods I completed. After getting the truck the first purchases I made were for a 2.5 inch level and a pillar mounts. Don't have pics of those installs but shortly after that I installed a pair if rigid lights to as well to complete those 2 projects. The level and a pillar mounts are from fordrangerlifts. To add the switches I used a lightforce fascia. Once installed it looks like it was from the factory. Love the fascia.
20200201_142055 cropped.jpg

Reactions: Wallygator

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Next was the Leer Cap. I needed a way that I could haul my gear, my dog, and my kids so I went with a cap. My F150 had a similar setup but I learned from my mistakes of old. This time I picked up a cap with their windoors so I can access my camping gear from the side of the truck. The Fridge is accessible as well which is great. No longer need to pull the fridge out to access my yummy cold treats.

Attachments

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

So now that I have the cap installed, I can make the move from my last truck. Time to move the awning and the RTT over to the top of the of the cap and get the living quarters established. The install went really easy since it was a straight move over from a setup that was almost identical. The RTT is much easier to get into now that it is on top if the Ranger vs being on top of the F150. Love this setup more every day. This is coming together just like I want.
20200222_121142 cropped.jpg

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Alright, quickly getting through all of my mods to date. One of the cool things about this ranger was they wired points into the truck that have power and all we need is a harness to have 12v in the rear. I ordered a harness, clipped the end off and wired on an anderson plug. this gave me a way to power my fridge and not have to worry about the cigarette adapter falling out. I added a couple of d rings to the plywood deck and now have the ability to secure the fridge in the rear of the truck.
20200222_132324 cropped.jpg20200307_124848 cropped.jpg