Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kalispell, MT, Kalispell, MT, USA
First Name
Clinton
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Same could be said about the Toyota Hilux vs. the Toyota Tacoma.
From what little I have read on the Ranger theres A LOT different from the Midsize Ford the rest of the world gets. Frame and suspension is different, wich lets be honest makes it a different truck. I also believe the engines and transmissions are different. Its like most Fords honestly, the Fiesta in Europe is an amazing car, in North America its OK, because they are set up different for the different markets.
T

Reactions: Dilldog

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Forget the reviews. They're written by washout losers that couldn't find a better job. They have little or no knowledge at all.

They'll curse a firm ride, then praise cargo capacity later. They have no clue that each is related. And affordable to adjust. Custom springs and shocks are everywhere. MT's top pick for overlanding is a Honda Ridgeline and a ''coral'' colored sweater vest. That's all you need to get to offroad Starbucks.

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Howard
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3IRA
Allthough, a overland ridgeline might be cool.

Anyway.. One big benefit of the ranger would be people down in aussieland have been up to this for years, you might be able to score some good ideas from them.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Forget the reviews. They're written by washout losers that couldn't find a better job. They have little or no knowledge at all.

They'll curse a firm ride, then praise cargo capacity later. They have no clue that each is related. And affordable to adjust. Custom springs and shocks are everywhere. MT's top pick for overlanding is a Honda Ridgeline and a ''coral'' colored sweater vest. That's all you need to get to offroad Starbucks.
Also a lot of the big reviewers have at one time or another gotten in trouble for taking money to overstate how good a product is.

Reactions: MidOH

ManusFerrea

Rank 0

Contributor I

La Crescenta, California, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Martin
Got one. Like it. Aftermarket isn't a problem...lots to pick... had it in Azusa Canyon OHV... stock FX4... did well on the trails... didn't have the courage to romp in the deep mud. But crawled the trails and sand well. Tires are the next step. But actually more interested in towing an Off Grid trailer... at 7500 lbs tow capacity should be interesting what it can really do...