PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
A beautiful day in Austin, put on the Thule Roof Rack, WeatherTec window visors, tie downs, and a pic of the decked system that got installed last weekend.

Hi,
I have Colorado Bison in red crew cab. Can I ask, did you had to do any trimming or modification in order to fit the 33" tires in the front? Also, any odometer/on-board computer adjustment? Thank you very much for your reply!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Sorry forgot to mention, I am running the Rough Country GM Inline Speedometer Calibrator, that I also got through 589 fabrication. There is a minor correction needed with 33s
Aye, without the calibration module you would have to do some calculations to adjust for the tire diameter difference which isn't insignificant when going from the stock size to a true 33" tire. The multiplier I had to use going from a stock 255/65/17 to a 33" tire is 1.092. So 300 miles * 1.092 = 327.6 miles actual driven or for the diesel folks 500 miles * 1.092 = 546 miles actual driven. OEM tires on the ZR2 and Bison are a little larger so the multiplier is slightly smaller but you get the idea. :)

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I think I understand the tire point, although...question about the Calibrator....does it have to be hook up at all times or it will simply do its thing somehow and you can unplug it? I am sorry, I am very new to this, I got the truck for my 50th bday, but I am lost in this "bigger tires/on-board computer re-calibrating" thing. Thank you

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
Got it, thank you!
I was talking to the guy from dealership who sold me the truck (young kid 25) and he claims that the dealership can do this calibration if the bigger tires are put on. Do you think that is possible, I mean by the dealership?

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I think that is a good idea, thank you for the advice. BTW, your truck looks awesome! The Duramax is a good engine, I am planning to get travel trailer maybe 19 feet long and do some states exploring. I would really like to see the Grand Canyon, Redwoods, and other places here. I am not originally from US, but spent half of my life here.

Reactions: great08

OverlandN00b

Rank 0

Traveler I

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McLean
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VEQ
I’d recommend different mud flaps. Rally Armour is pretty bad and fall often fairly commonly. Many Subaru guys know this, which is why I know it. I had a Subaru with them and one fell off, looked online and turns out it happens all the time.

They are some what of a scam, just buying it for the name is what it feels like to me. Just a heads up
Subaru guy: can vouch.

Reactions: alexdnick

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I don't think that the Dealer can change the speedo for tire/gear change. You need a aftermarket device that plugs in the aldl. You can also use a aftermarket tune like the Trifecta to effect those changes. The Trifecta also improves the transmission shifting and can add HP and TQ. The tune has two modes, ECO and SPORT, ECO is basicly stock tuning with improved shift points and SPORT adds 10-15% hp/tq. Made a significant difference in my truck. That along with 4.10 gears are the best mods I have ever done short of hard core engine work.

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
My goal is to visit all of the continental US in this truck. If you make it out to the grand canyon, try to set aside some funny to go up in small aircraft to see it in its entirety, while it is necessary and important to also experience from the ground, the impact of seeing it from the air close up is just unforgettable. I was able to fly over it in a little Cessna in sixth grade and I still haven't forgotten that experience.
I will sure take your advice seeing it from the air, I am planing to take my mom, she visited here last year and she loved it. We went to Niagara Falls, NY city (nightmare for her LOL) Lurray caverns, Ocean City, Washington DC and other small trips. I was dead after those three weeks playing guide, driver and host haha, but worth it :)

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I don't think that the Dealer can change the speedo for tire/gear change. You need a aftermarket device that plugs in the aldl. You can also use a aftermarket tune like the Trifecta to effect those changes. The Trifecta also improves the transmission shifting and can add HP and TQ. The tune has two modes, ECO and SPORT, ECO is basicly stock tuning with improved shift points and SPORT adds 10-15% hp/tq. Made a significant difference in my truck. That along with 4.10 gears are the best mods I have ever done short of hard core engine work.
I will change the stock tires when I am done with them, in other words, after they all used up. But I am making notes of all you guys, your advice is really valuable to me, thank you all for taking your time and replying.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I need to find some mud hole to make my truck look dirty, I am tired of the clean look :D
Mine never gets as dirty as id like due to the fender flares, last weekend i had a lot of red oklahoma mud all over then a heavy storm hit and washed it all off before i could snap a pic. All around my parking spot in the driveway where i wash it there is a rainbow of dirt colors from different places.

Reactions: great08

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
Mine never gets as dirty as id like due to the fender flares, last weekend i had a lot of red oklahoma mud all over then a heavy storm hit and washed it all off before i could snap a pic. All around my parking spot in the driveway where i wash it there is a rainbow of dirt colors from different places.
The only dirt I get, are smashed bugs on my windshield.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

By the looks of pics ive seen either chevy or aev sell some special ones. Or if your talking diy lights it looks like a pair of rock lights would fit. Do you want reverse lights, brake lights, or general off roading lights?