• HTML tutorial

Eduardo Castilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Temple City, CA 91780
Member #

This is the most amazing build I have seen in a LONG time - I LOVE Land Cruisers!!! I haven't been on this forum much lately, but watching this thread!

I toy around almost every week with trading in my 2013 LR4 for a 2018 LC.
Thank you very much!! We are finish with it for now and will be posting pictures. Land Cruisers are very solid vehicles for overland trips. You will not look back if you get one.

Eduardo Castilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Temple City, CA 91780
Member #

Nice, did you build the rear drawer? I didnt see an answer to the question.
Thank you!! Yes we did, we can make them custom to your needs, we have done them for a few Land Cruisers and FJs up to now. This drawer system only requires for one of the 3rd row fold up seat to be removed and the drawers on the passenger side can be pulled out so that the passenger side 3rd row seat can be folded down for used.

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

Here is the completed final build for now, next will be a extended fuel tank and on board water system with heater. Now it's time to start enjoying it and doing some overland trips. First trip is off to Canyonlands this Wed 3/19/18.
View attachment 51507
@Eduardo Castilla Very clean installation. I like how you mount the Icom and SPOD. Quick question about the LED driving light. What brand are you running? I've ARB bull bar bumper and looking for LED driving light. I like the color black over RED.

Reactions: Eduardo Castilla

Eduardo Castilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Temple City, CA 91780
Member #

@Eduardo Castilla Very clean installation. I like how you mount the Icom and SPOD. Quick question about the LED driving light. What brand are you running? I've ARB bull bar bumper and looking for LED driving light. I like the color black over RED.
Thank you!

The lights are the 8” AnzoUSA lights 861182L limited. They are local to us so I decided to use their lights on most of this build. They are Great lights without the high over rated price.

The ARB black with red trim lights that you like are the 10” ARB Intensity AR32F 8,200 lumens and they cost around $1,450 for the pair, they also offer 7” size for around $900 for the pair.

The 8” AnzoUSA 861182 4,000 lumens combo flood/spot lights also come in Black with Red trim and cost around $250.00 for the pair. You can find them on Amazon. I’m happy with these lights.

We are not running a Baja race or plan to do anything like that with the Land Cruiser so the AnzoUSA 861182 Lights work great for what we need. I build this Land Cruiser on Functionality and practicality and not overkill because there was not a open checkbook here. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: CampWithChin

Eduardo Castilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Temple City, CA 91780
Member #

Very nice. What’s her weigh in?

Thank you!! We added around 1,500 lbs. I don’t have a official weigh in yet as we are still planning on adding more. We did upgrade the Suspension with the ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 and went with the medium duty on the rear for a better smoother ride. It really rides nice.

Reactions: NotGumby

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Thank you!! We added around 1,500 lbs. I don’t have a official weigh in yet as we are still planning on adding more. We did upgrade the Suspension with the ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 and went with the medium duty on the rear for a better smoother ride. It really rides nice.

1,500 is quite a bit. How is the hit on the mileage/range? I thought about the front bar for my LC 150 but I’m not driving where I have to worry about bashing a roo or cattle. Looks nice though. I’ll save the weight. What size tank do you have?

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

This is the build my other half wanted to do instead of the Power Wagon, but the pocket book just couldn't handle it at the moment. First rate build here, love what I see. Be sure to post some pics of it off-road on your adventures.

Reactions: Eduardo Castilla

Eduardo Castilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Temple City, CA 91780
Member #

This is the build my other half wanted to do instead of the Power Wagon, but the pocket book just couldn't handle it at the moment. First rate build here, love what I see. Be sure to post some pics of it off-road on your adventures.
Thank you!! It was hard on the pocket but I got it done. I have lots of pictures on my Instagram: OverlandAdventureOutfitters

Reactions: Tex68w

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Hey mate,

Did you ever install the water system in the vehicle?

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Nice build mate!!!

What are you planning for the water system? I installed on my 80 two 9 gallon tanks under the car instead of the spare. Removed the rear heater and replaced it with a heat exchange. A circulating pump runs the 9 gallon of hot water through it with a thermostat and we have water at 145F in 20 minutes. The system works great. Exterior hot shower and a kitchen sink.

There is a blog in this forum describing it.

BTW, interesting if you have a $ tab on you build.