Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

looks like a fun year, we just sold out of vendor spots...
Ray, I look forward to the Rally. I was only able to attend Friday last year (can only do Saturday this year), but I left last year’s Rally impressed with the people who attended & the tenor of the event. I went to Overland Expo West this year & it qualifies as a “one & done”. I hope NWOR never becomes that monstrosity - worth going once but that’s about it. I particularly thought that the different “experience” levels were antithetical to the egalitarianism & inclusiveness that has wonderfully seemed to sprout from this new surge in “Overlanding”. I really liked the deliberate focus on families last year with kids activities & suggesting the men get out & spot their partners through the course. NWOR was a wonderful mix of people & vehicles last year. I look forward to more of the same. Next year, I hope to be able to come up to your BC version as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: B Wild

Ray Hyland

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Ray, I look forward to the Rally. I was only able to attend Friday last year (can only do Saturday this year), but I left last year’s Rally impressed with the people who attended & the tenor of the event. I went to Overland Expo West this year & it qualifies as a “one & done”. I hope NWOR never becomes that monstrosity - worth going once but that’s about it. I particularly thought that the different “experience” levels were antithetical to the egalitarianism & inclusiveness that has wonderfully seemed to sprout from this new surge in “Overlanding”. I really liked the deliberate focus on families last year with kids activities & suggesting the men get out & spot their partners through the course. NWOR was a wonderful mix of people & vehicles last year. I look forward to more of the same. Next year, I hope to be able to come up to your BC version as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Awesome! We are always looking for suggestions for additional classes that folks would like to see, and suggestions for improvements, so let us know if you think of any.

Yeah the BC show is still smaller, but it's a fun venue since it's at a ski resort.

TaoBaAkoInay

Rank 0

Traveler I

Maple Valley Washington
Member #

I have question regarding the NWOR, i will be bringing my family along and I want to be there from thu-sun ( if I was alone ) but we have certain matters to attend to on Thursday. My question is, is it still possible to set up camp on friday even though I registered for the thu-sun. If not, I’ll just have to register for a Day Pass. Either way, I hope to see you all there.

synergos

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Port Townsend, WA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I have question regarding the NWOR, i will be bringing my family along and I want to be there from thu-sun ( if I was alone ) but we have certain matters to attend to on Thursday. My question is, is it still possible to set up camp on friday even though I registered for the thu-sun. If not, I’ll just have to register for a Day Pass. Either way, I hope to see you all there.
The schedule shows attendee arrival from around noon to 4 on Thursday. I cannot find anything on the website that says you cannot arrive Friday for Camp, but you may want to ask question via email - NWOverlandRally@gmail.com

Ray Hyland

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Yes no problem. Roughly half of attendees arrive on the Friday. We even have some who come up and camp on Saturday, but not many. We will still have camping space when you arrive.

Ray

TaoBaAkoInay

Rank 0

Traveler I

Maple Valley Washington
Member #

Yes no problem. Roughly half of attendees arrive on the Friday. We even have some who come up and camp on Saturday, but not many. We will still have camping space when you arrive.

Ray
Ray,

Thanks for the reply, at least now I know we can arrive on Friday and still be able to set up camp. Hope to see you all there. Again thanks.

Howell Dela Cruz

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Ray
Hi Ray,
When might the Schedules for 2018 will be up? Wanting to plan my time... Missed to many Opportunities at Overland Expo. THANKS
David