Launch Member

Contributor III

Port Townsend, WA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I had a great time at the rally. Enjoyed many classes and discussions with vendors. I did stop by the OB headquarters, but didn't get a chance to meet everyone that is a member. Thinking a scheduled meetup for OB members might be a good idea. I was camped in the quiet area.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckoverland

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Hey Ray,
We too were in the quiet zone. Had a great time meeting up with old friends, making new ones. Meeting with Vendors, attending talks. Two great take-away's came from Mario's discussion and Clay Croft's talk. Your fireside chat about travels north was awesome.
David - Boise, ID

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Definitely keep the “quiet” zone. As you are well aware, there are generations of Overlanders, each with different priorities. NWOR has done a good job of focusing on including families, kids & women. I think this greatly adds to the diversity, universal appeal & satisfaction of the event. Wandering around the attendees & their rigs is possibly the best thing at NWOR. I think your attempt to do a little regulation has allowed people an opportunity to find their space & to intermingle & sample others. Keep up the good work. (Oh, & it’s minor but your shower & bathroom considerations blew away ExpoWest this year - the fact that I noticed just goes to show you how different it was). Finally, I think keeping everything open to all is critical. ExpoWest’s paid, exclusive “Experience” levels & restriction of general participation & even observation was very off putting (people shouldn’t have to go home & search YouTube to be able to watch a driving course at an event they attended). Also, I think mixing the diversity of people, rigs & skill levels is one of the best things about today’s “Overlanding”. Thanks for all your good work, I look forward to coming up to the BC event sometime.