Launch Member

Member I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
R
Member #

Initial mock up of the safari cage is done, Rick at Ceeco Racing is doing great work, far exceeding my skills and tools required to do this quality of a job. Im glad I went with him on this project. He has more in store, these are just progress pics. I will be doing some additional work on this rig once I get it back from him as well.
IMG_4899.JPG

Attachments

Ta2Doc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, KY, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Robinette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RRX
beautiful welds... Love the rocker to bumper stinger tie-in. Good stuff!

Reactions: arupp

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
So that's not a Jeep?
Yes and no. It's not offically a Jeep but Mahindra has been building MB style Jeeps since the late 1940s when they got a license to do so. They've maintained that license to build Jeeps ever since then though all the various owners that the Jeep brand has passed though. Think of this as a modern Diesel powered CJ2. The strange grill (which you can get a regular looking Jeep grill for them) is a result of the negotiations to sell it in the states under the license.

Really wish we could get them plated in Texas. I'd get one and have the tune put on that gives a bump in power and removes the speed limiter and use it as an around town runabout.

Last edited:
Reactions: arupp and bmwguru

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Yes and no. It's not offically a Jeep but Mahindra has been building MB style Jeeps since the late 1940s when they got a license to do so. They've maintained that license to build Jeeps ever since then though all the various owners that the Jeep brand has passed though. Think of this as a modern Diesel powered CJ2. The strange grill (which you can get a regular looking Jeep grill for them) is a result of the negotiations to sell it in the states under the license.

Really wish we could get them plated in Texas. I'd get one and have the tune put on that gives a bump in power and removes the speed limiter and use it as an around town runabout.
OK cool but I did some research. They can't be registered and have a top speed of 45mph. Hmmm....

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
OK cool but I did some research. They can't be registered and have a top speed of 45mph. Hmmm....
Theyre sold as a side.by side.

You can get them plated in some states. And the 45mph top speed is due to a computer programed govenor. Theres at least one compnay that sells a program.for it that will give yiu a healthy power boost and remove the 45mph govenor.

arupp

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
R
Member #

Theyre sold as a side.by side.

You can get them plated in some states. And the 45mph top speed is due to a computer programed govenor. Theres at least one compnay that sells a program.for it that will give yiu a healthy power boost and remove the 45mph govenor.
quiet a few companies make tunes where you can get your stock ECU flashed to a higher performance tune or a few actually will sell you separate ECU so you can retain the stock one if need be. Im going with the additional ECU and keeping stock just in case.

Next to come is the grill, all the metal parts will be powder coated black. Rick is drawing up a permeant hard top, removable rear side panels and a hatch back style rear door.

after I get it back from Rick I will be prepping the body for raptor liner. I will be spraying all the blue with Land Rover Sandglow tan/gold, the sides, roof and rear door, along with the bumper. all the rest will remain black powder coat.

Reactions: Downs