Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

@Wawa Skittletits I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that said they weren’t letting anyone in until 1:00pm Thursday and read that if you get there early they will turn you around cause they do t have enough space to park and Waite to go in. I could be wrong!!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I had originally thought it was later @Jose but when I reviewed the last big email from them I saw the 10-6 timeframe.

47B8D19C-9B6B-49E4-9FE7-5920276FF760.png

Reactions: Jose

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
27+.... We're gonna need a big spot
28+ now haha. The rally point this thread is for has worked out really nicely. Its going to be like a cars and coffee at Papas haha.

Reactions: sabjku

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I had originally thought it was later @Jose but when I reviewed the last big email from them I saw the 10-6 timeframe.

View attachment 74543
Thanks brotha for the confirmation on times. But I think the 10 arrival is for volunteers, staff, instructors, media, and full experience ticket holders. For camping it starts at 1pm or you will get turned back [emoji106][emoji109][emoji95]. Just trying to save people from getting there early and getting turned back.

Last edited:

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Thanks brotha for the confirmation on times. But I think the 10 arrival is for volunteers, staff, instructors, media, and full experience ticket holders. For camping it starts at 1pm or you will get turned back [emoji106][emoji109][emoji95]. Just trying to save people from getting there early and getting turned back.
That's how I read it. We have the full experience tickets.

F150Fanatic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Ezell
Member #

I'll be pulling up Thursday around 1pm with 2 others. Can't wait!!!!
Crowster, I'll be pulling in around the same time. Are you by-passing the rally point caravan and pulling in to the campsite at 1:00, or hanging at the rally point until the caravan leaves around 4:00?

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

Crowster, I'll be pulling in around the same time. Are you by-passing the rally point caravan and pulling in to the campsite at 1:00, or hanging at the rally point until the caravan leaves around 4:00?

I'll probably just head straight to the campsite I think - since it will be a lot closer to me then Ashville is.

Last edited:
Reactions: F150Fanatic

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I’ll be looking for the OB Flag to come by and say hello. I had some plans already with some other from Florida so I’ll be plucking up at 1pm and going straight in to set up camp. I’ll be in this set and won’t be hard to miss!![emoji12][emoji23] looking forward to seeing you all! [emoji106][emoji109][emoji95]

7b306cfc-cfa3-4b0c-9263-81f63dc37c80.jpg

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Just spoke with the folks at Papas and Beer to confirm and update them on the numbers. They’re excited and looking forward to seeing us!

AIRTEST

Rank 0

Traveler I

Unfortunately due to our pup getting hurt...we are not able to make the Overlandexpo East event. I have 2 weekend camping passes, one vehicle pass, some raffle tickets and i think two tickets to the party...have $470 in it...will sell for $350...thx

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
It is supposed to RAIN starting Thursday night. 33 degree lows Friday and Saturday. Mid 50s for highs. Be prepared.

Reactions: St8ton