2017 Tacoma TRD crew cab Long Bed Build Socal

• HTML tutorial

Clint Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chino, Ca
Member #

....im drooling.....very very very nice, amazing taco build [emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Well, I can report after exactly one trip out, the 2” insert bent after one good bump and left the rear tire mounted on it bending!!!
I had my Turtleback attached to it, and it bent about 20 degrees.
I was forced to put my spare on the roof, disassembled the swing arm unit and stow it in the shell for the rest of the trip. To be continued after speaking with Wilco Offroad

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Michael Kinnett

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Muncie, IN
Member #

Any update from
Well, I can report after exactly one trip out, the 2” insert bent after one good bump and left the rear tire mounted on it bending!!!
I had my Turtleback attached to it, and it bent about 20 degrees.
I was forced to put my spare on the roof, disassembled the swing arm unit and stow it in the shell for the rest of the trip. To be continued after speaking with Wilco Offroad

Any update from Wilco on the tire carrier issue?

Clint Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chino, Ca
Member #

I met with Paul from Wilco and we talked about the failure point. It was actually the second drilled hole (which actually is the standard securing lock ) hole which caused the failure. They’re building me a new one as we speak calling it “research & development “

Michael Kinnett

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Muncie, IN
Member #

Clint, I just wanted to tell you thanks on the solar panel setup advice! That definitely made for a great solution to mounting my panel in an accessible position. I'm placing an order with Mcmaster Carr right now for some plastic thumb nuts to replace the wing nuts and finish it off. I added a pair of rubber gaskets to seal between the panel frame and the crossbar to reduce the wind noise I was getting. Not sure if you had a similar issue, we have different roof racks.

Reactions: Clint Hughes

Clint Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chino, Ca
Member #

Clint, I just wanted to tell you thanks on the solar panel setup advice! That definitely made for a great solution to mounting my panel in an accessible position. I'm placing an order with Mcmaster Carr right now for some plastic thumb nuts to replace the wing nuts and finish it off. I added a pair of rubber gaskets to seal between the panel frame and the crossbar to reduce the wind noise I was getting. Not sure if you had a similar issue, we have different roof racks.
Outstanding Michael. I believe simple works, period. I’m out in the Eastern Sierras running my fridge on the solar right now. Please sling some pics of the finished product, I’d like to see your progress.

Michael Kinnett

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Muncie, IN
Member #

Outstanding Michael. I believe simple works, period. I’m out in the Eastern Sierras running my fridge on the solar right now. Please sling some pics of the finished product, I’d like to see your progress.

I posted an update in my build thread and put video on my IG. I ended up adjusting it and it's even better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk