2016 Toyota Tundra Multi Phase Build

• HTML tutorial

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Honestly the lower bumper valence 30" light bar is perfect for low speed. The 50" is great for distance but gives me nothing down low due to the position.

Yeah I am still back and forth with it. If I go with the 37s it will probably be a sporadic purchase.

Enthusiast III

Amazing looking tundra!! Sorry if you have already addressed this but how is your signal strength for your CB with your antenna between the cab and topper? It looks great there, but I have to imagine it does not have great range?

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Just got back from Miami and picked up the truck from the shop!

4.88 gears are in as well as the Front and Rear Air lockers.... apparently a small issue with mounting the switches which is now giving me a reason to order the SPOD....won't have it in before expo though. Too early to tell on the gears as I'm am still in the break in period.

IMG_2185.JPG

Upgrades the breaks all around with EBC drilled and slotted Rotors and yellow stuff pads....already feel the difference!

IMG_2187.JPG

Full RCI Skid plates....had to weld a new bracket because of the BDS lift otherwise easy bolt on.

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

Finally got the 37s on the Truck! Upgraded the control arms at the same time to a set of Icons! Left the truck at the same height and took a heat gun to the inner wheel liner. Tires clear with no issues!

IMG_2186.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

OilSlik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Traverse City, MI
Member #

37s look great. Very nice set up...definitely sPod!...although pretty ingenious switch placement. I have the sPod also yet to install. I'm still working on dual Optimas in the engine bay and may have figured out. Not in place yet...but soon. And will try and post pics as requested. Headed to Expo East on Thurs with the whole fam...should be good time!

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I vouch for the SPOD, i had a hard switch version in my Jeep and just installed an SE with touchscreen and Bluetooth in my F150. They are awesome.

Nice build!

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

After seeing the Decked Drawers in CFT's Tundra and then getting to check them out at the Decked display at Expo, pulled the trigger today and ordered my Decked Drawers.

Got a lot of plans for my Tundra ahead and CFT's Tundra has been a fantastic idea platform to noodle over.

Thanks CFT for sharing your handy work.

Reactions: Plisken

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Thanks! Were they offering any good deals at expo? We had a big group over by the lagoon sorry we couldn’t meet up!

Excited to see the next step in the build! Keep us all posted

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Thanks! Were they offering any good deals at expo? We had a big group over by the lagoon sorry we couldn’t meet up!

Excited to see the next step in the build! Keep us all posted
No deals seemed in the offering but a price increase is coming in the next month or so. My plan was to look you up but during the prior week I hurt my ankle (starting to think I've hurt it pretty bad as the problem persists) so to be able to even make Expo, I did a GameDay tape and brace job but by the time we walked the front vendors aisle way (same as Overland Bound locale) and I made it to the Unimogs, I knew I was about to be in real trouble so we made an exit and left. I did get to see a few vendors that I wanted too but a lot I didn't get to see. The other option was to not come at all which I was not willing to do. Maybe another time and place we can meet and compare Tundras and tell a few lies too! :wink:

OilSlik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Traverse City, MI
Member #

Expo was quite impressive. Realized that Tundras are a very uncommon Overland vehicle. Most of the add ons and mods made for 4runner and Tacoma. I did like the Decked system...very smooth drawers. Bomber Products out Bozeman was another interesting setup...closer to Goose Gear (No Tundra offerings of course)...but the drawers seemed smaller and didn't glide like the Decked.

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Very true statement in regards to the Tundras, I think I saw less then 10 at Expo this year and two belong to BOLD Overland and Equipt Expedition Outfitters.....spoke to CBI on what the time frame was on Tundra accessories and I was told a full line of products would be out sometime in 2018. ARB pretty much said don’t hold my breath.

OilSlik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Traverse City, MI
Member #

That's good to know...i did speak with one of the guys at CBI and they said they could certainly turn out some stuff for a Tundra like the Tacoma. Not sure I can wait until "sometime" on 2018. May have to call them and see what they can build.