2016 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD

• HTML tutorial

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
IMG_3010.JPG IMG_3017.PNG IMG_3008.JPG Picked up some tires tonight so after the lift I can install these and get a little bit more ground clearance. I didn't go to big and not with a aggressive tire than a A/T simply because I have to drive an hour to work 15 days out the month.
The lift is 40mm(1.5") in the front and 35mm(1") in the back. So total lift in the front will be 3" and in the back it will be 2.5" of lift. So nothing to extreme but inches can make a difference in many places will on the beach or trails. Plus I got a A/T vs a highway tire so that should help as well

Mike474

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stillwater, MN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hausken
Member #

What size tires are those? I think I can fit 255/55/18 on mine without to much trouble. Trying to find a more aggressive tire but they don't make them in the stock size and I don't want to spring for different wheels. But I like where your going with this.

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
IMG_3055.PNG
What size tires are those? I think I can fit 255/55/18 on mine without to much trouble. Trying to find a more aggressive tire but they don't make them in the stock size and I don't want to spring for different wheels. But I like where your going with this.
the problem with running 18s is the ride. It won't ride the same as a 17s. The tires I bought the other night are 235/70/r17. Same rim size but a bigger tire. So the ride will be just as a good and I will have more ground clearance and a little bit of a wider tire. This 2018 RAV4 adventure they claim it rides higher but after I looked into it the rim size are 18s and the tires are actually smaller than my stock ones. Toyota still hasn't said what the ground clearance actually is. You can play it safe at 30.5 inch tall and 9.8 wide. No bigger or you will hit the strut. If you got any more questions. My phone is always by me and I get emails notifications. My Instagram is @j.rivenbark16 to see videos and pictures daily

Mike474

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stillwater, MN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hausken
Member #

Did you get your car aligned after the lift and did everything come out ok? Getting ready to lift mine using you a test subject. :wink:
I like the tire..

Reactions: CntrlOregonADV

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
Yes the car has to get an alignment done after the install. The caster will be off a little bit but it will be ok. The toe and camber will be fine though. Make sure you do not drive it to the alignment shop. Your camber and toe will be off too much and it will eat your tires up if you try

Reactions: CntrlOregonADV

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Interesting build. Never though I'd see a Rav4 used or built like this. I'm looking forward to how she'll progress.

Reactions: Luis Merlo