2016 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD

• HTML tutorial

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
This is my 2016 RAV4 build. I bought a snorkel for a 90's jeep Cherokee. I had to make some cuts and bends. So far this is my only upgrade. I bought some wheels and tires. Haven't put them on yet due to their 4 hours away.right now I'm running 29's and 17's currently but next month I'll be running 30's and 15's. I'll be picking them up next month as well as custom making a front bull bar,skid plate, and a roof rack. Lights will be coming with the upgrades as well. Still in search of a lift on the down side.but this my vehicle currently.

Attachments

OverLandCruiser76

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Venezuela
Member #

That is really original, never thought of a RAV4 as an off-road vehicle! Hope you publish photos soon on the trail and see how it performs.

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
This is my 2016 RAV4 build. I bought a snorkel for a 90's jeep Cherokee. I had to make some cuts and bends. So far this is my only upgrade. I bought some wheels and tires. Haven't put them on yet due to their 4 hours away.right now I'm running 29's and 17's currently but next month I'll be running 30's and 15's. I'll be picking them up next month as well as custom making a front bull bar,skid plate, and a roof rack. Lights will be coming with the upgrades as well. Still in search of a lift on the down side.but this my vehicle currently.
I've drove it on the beach and down a few trails. I'm still exploring NC on the weekend.

Attachments

Reactions: OverLandCruiser76

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

My wife and I have been talking about getting her a RAV4 but I was concerned about it's ruggedness. Looks like I had nothing to be concerned about.

Oh and props for cutting a hole in the side of a brand new rig for that snorkel.

Mike474

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stillwater, MN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hausken
Member #

Ive taken my wife's 15 rav4 places I shouldn't have and it handle some tough terrain rather well. Curious to see where this build can go.

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

My mom has a 2013 Rav4 and it's all wheel drive. She lives in Michigan and loves how it handles in the snow. I think hers has a 6cyl engine so a lot of power in a little SUV and very capable.

Reactions: Cannon

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
Recently took the snorkel off. Waiting for the wrap to get here for the snorkel but I got roof racks and a roof basket. Put two LED pod spot lights on the front and LED pod fog lights one on each side to have a wide range to see what's next to me. Here is a picture

Attachments

Reactions: goleee33

goleee33

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tustin, CA
Member #

Definitely a unique build! Going to be tough to find any off-road related parts for it but you will stand out, without a doubt!

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Love this. This is what Overlanding is all about. Just get out and explore with what you like. Good job so far. And I have to say you have cajones of steel to take a hole saw to a brand new rig.

Reactions: bajablastgg

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
Should be getting a Tow hitch for Christmas and still looking into the 40mm lift. I'm liking this every month my car is getting a new upgrade