HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Congratulations! But I agree, 2 bags for recovery gear, air compressor, 1st aid (I use a day pack - carry a lot of stuff), and a tool kit that's about 25% of my space by volume! I think I need to move some of the recovery gear up to the rack, but that slows down packing. Especially if I need to break out the Raingler netting. It works great but takes time to use.
I found a few places to tuck stuff but a backpack may be a good option for the rest.

Reactions: MTN RNR

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
I built custom platform with drawers and box. Removed rear seats. Used 3 pieces of plywood.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I built custom platform with drawers and box. Removed rear seats. Used 3 pieces of plywood.
Nice. I kept the single back seat in mine. I am waiting for the SSO Trailgater rear bumper to come in and get installed. Then I'll see if I can attach an aluminum box to it for some of the recovery gear. Or if I have enough room for stuff in the rig when I take gas and water cans out from inside and attach them to the bumper. Oh the trials of having gear...[emoji16][emoji12][emoji41]

Reactions: MTN RNR

Wildcard

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Grove, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lindsay
Member #

Your build looks great.. A lot of great design choices. Very jealous of the front bumper. I keep going to pull the trigger, but the website always says out of stock. The idea of waiting almost half a year scares me...

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Your build looks great.. A lot of great design choices. Very jealous of the front bumper. I keep going to pull the trigger, but the website always says out of stock. The idea of waiting almost half a year scares me...
Thanks. It does take a while to get them since they are made to order, and they do X-amount per batch. My back bumper finally shipped and should be installed in February. Oh the longer you wait the longer it takes [emoji51]

Wildcard

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Grove, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lindsay
Member #

Thanks. It does take a while to get them since they are made to order, and they do X-amount per batch. My back bumper finally shipped and should be installed in February. Oh the longer you wait the longer it takes [emoji51]
Very true. I should just bit the bullet and pray for a quick turn around.

Please let us know how that rear bumper looks. I have been back and forth on it. I love the idea of a tail gate. It looks pretty customizable on the left side as far a what your storing out there.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Very true. I should just bit the bullet and pray for a quick turn around.

Please let us know how that rear bumper looks. I have been back and forth on it. I love the idea of a tail gate. It looks pretty customizable on the left side as far a what your storing out there.
I'll post pics when installed. I opted for the one without the tire swing arm since I've had no issues with the tire being under the rig.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
So I'm officially surrounded by Southern Style Offroad (SSO). My new Trailgater bumper was installed today. Oh happy me. [emoji16]

I opted for the non swingarm version since the spare tire underneath has never been an issue for my Overlanding travels.

Now I need to buy some Rotopacks for gas and water to affix to the gate.
20190212_172048.jpegIMG_2596.jpegIMG_2599.jpeg20190212_165119.jpeg20190212_165152.jpeg

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

So I'm officially surrounded by Southern Style Offroad (SSO). My new Trailgater bumper was installed today. Oh happy me. [emoji16]

I opted for the non swingarm version since the spare tire underneath has never been an issue for my Overlanding travels.

Now I need to buy some Rotopacks for gas and water to affix to the gate.
View attachment 85555View attachment 85556View attachment 85557View attachment 85558View attachment 85559
Nice job!! How heavy was it??