2016 Nor-Cal OTG Rally 2.0 Convoy

• HTML tutorial

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

For the Sacramento convoy we will be meeting in elk grove at the walmart right off elk grove blvd and 99 at 7am. We will then meet up with napa guys in lodi around 730 is when we hit lodi. Then to madera we go to meet the mother ship.

Reactions: Crispy and Meta6981

fj80cruiserlife

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, California, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Garza
Member #

@picklejuice I forgot about the other members that are going.
Here's the list i have so far.

@Meta6981 - San Jose
@hookjaw - San Jose
@kkauweloa - San Jose
Mike G - San Jose
picklejuice - Palo Alto
@jginca - Salinas
@Keat - Livermore
@Disco2Guy - San Francisco

I was thinking we can meet at Walmart in Gilroy to pick up @jginca at 7am and then meet up @Keat in Los Banos.?
Unless Keat would like to meet up with us in Gilroy?
From there we head out to Madera to meet up with the other convoy. If I forgot anyone, please list your name and City. Please feel free to add your thoughts and any changes.
Guys count me in I will be departing early 5 am to meet up anywhere with the convoy . in Gilroy if im on time or San Jose!

Reactions: Mike G

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Here's the updated Convoy Rig count from Madera to Shaver Lake.

Here's the map and timetable.
The Bay Area's Convoy meeting spot will be at the Starbucks parking lot in Gilroy between 7:00am-7:30am. Its on Camino Arroyo and HWY 152 (south side of HWY 152) A shell gas station is on the corner for anyone needing to gas up. From there, we will make a pit stop in Madera's Walmart parking lot between 9:30 -10:00am so we can hook up with the Napa Convoy and Sacramento Convoy. From Madera we will take HWY 145 to HWY 168 to Shaver lake. If everything is on schedule, then we should be pulling into the Edison Campsite (OB Campsite) around 11:30am -1200pm. The times are not set in stone so I think we can take it nice and slow for the older Rigs and for those that are towing a trailer. I believe the official Rally start time is at 11:00am.?

CB channel will be 16 and 146.460 on HAM (@Disco2Guy has the HAM)
I don't own a HAM radio, but I am ordering a CB this week.

https://goo.gl/maps/hWPfwHKBP5H2

San Jose Convoy

1. Mike G - San Jose
2. @Meta6981 - San Jose
3. @hookjaw - San Jose
4. @Spyduh - San Jose
5. @kkauweloa - San Jose
6. @picklejuice - Palo Alto
7. @jginca - Salinas
8. @Keat - Livermore
9. @Michael Joel & Renee - Livermore
10. @Disco2Guy - San Francisco
11. @prince1990 - San Francisco
12. @Rob - Fremont
13. @daPitbull - Oakland
14. @ce4460 - Washington State
15. @Dan Tracy - Watsonville
16. @ravenplague - Santa Cruz
17. @JesseG. - Home is where u park it, CA

Sacramento Convoy
18. @Byron Eby
19. @O.Dfj
20. @Mirek
21. @Unplanned Overland

Napa Convoy
22. @stoney126 - Napa
23. @Northern_XS - Napa
24. @NorCalCrisp - Napa

25. @Mademan925 will be meeting us in Madera.

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
I'll be leaving from San Jose too. Would love to join. See you at the Gilroy gathering!

Reactions: Mike G

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

@Mike G are you going to be Captain Convoy of the Caravan?

In my experience with CB, it's hard for a large group to hear everyone. Some only hear transmissions from certain people and others will only hear the replies. I can lend my handheld HAM radio to the convoy leader, and I can take the tail gunner position and use the HAM in my truck. If you're not licensed, you can't broadcast, but you can still monitor. The range will cover us if (when) large gaps happen, and you should always be able to pick up my transmission (running 50W). This way the leader will know when everyone in the group has made all of the turns. And I've been to Camp Edison enough times that if we do get split up, I'm familiar with the route to camp.