Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Very cool rig! I have a 2011 LR with no mods. What wheel and tire mods did you do, and how do you like them? How have the all terrain tires affected road noise and mpg?
Thanks! You can check out my Instagram for lots of photos and I will work on re-posting the photos. I have the 18" Compomotive PD1881 with BF Goodrich AT KO2s in 265/65R18 size. No other modifications to the wheels/tires and no lift at all needed at that size. The AT tires are great on the road, very little difference. MPGs not sure, I never look at that anymore!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Would like to see what you have done with the 4.

You will need to host your pix with another site now.. Photobucket has taken every one hostage. they will not let you host your pic's from their site (to the web) any more unless you pay $400. a year. this is why no one can see them. This applies internet wide, not just here.

free isn't free anymore with them.

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/
Thanks for the info! I will look into it. Take a look at my Instagram (@finlayforprez) for lots of pictures!!!

Reactions: vasily

vasily

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler II

Thanks! You can check out my Instagram for lots of photos and I will work on re-posting the photos. I have the 18" Compomotive PD1881 with BF Goodrich AT KO2s in 265/65R18 size. No other modifications to the wheels/tires and no lift at all needed at that size. The AT tires are great on the road, very little difference. MPGs not sure, I never look at that anymore!
What are your thoughts on the 260/65/r18 size?

I'm not really interested in keeping the spare deflated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

What are your thoughts on the 260/65/r18 size?

I'm not really interested in keeping the spare deflated.

I've heard of folks running that with no problem, but the spare would still need to be deflated a bit from what I hear.

vasily

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler II

I believe 265 60R18 is the largest tire that will fit in the spare wheel area.
Correct. But it has to be deflated to fit. Which beats the point of a full size spare for me.

I'm interested in the largest tire that will fit into the spare wheel area.

Jeremy Katka

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seattle, WA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Katka
Member #

My understanding is you need to drop aprox 5# PSI or so. I will be trying it out this weekend and follow up.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I keep a slightly warn, fully inflated, Goodyear 265/65R18 tire in my spare location when I am not using my swing outs, with the heat shield still there.. and it works fine. Its only slightly snug, a little kick and it comes out just fine. 265/60 is a good size though. You won't rub the frame horns or need the wire harness relocation if you go with that size.

I'll take all the tire lift I can get though, so I am sticking with 265/65.

It sticks down a lot in my case because of the Tactical Rovers bumper which gives more clearance. Even the exhaust sticks down a tiny bit. (but moves up when you hit things)

Last edited:

AdventureTim

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
What an amazing build! Thank you for the thorough details - I'm looking to do the same to my 2015 and it's super helpful.

Did you run into issues with the rear bumper and the blind spot monitoring sensors? Have you got a dual battery setup? I'm finding it challenging with the 2014+ start/stop system.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

What an amazing build! Thank you for the thorough details - I'm looking to do the same to my 2015 and it's super helpful.

Did you run into issues with the rear bumper and the blind spot monitoring sensors? Have you got a dual battery setup? I'm finding it challenging with the 2014+ start/stop system.
The rear bumper parking sensors do work just fine (without the swing arms on) if you get them in there right. They can be a little finicky to get in right.

For my 2013, i just had to relocate the transfer case computer onto the alarm horn bracket under the brake lines in that aux battery box.

Grammin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Toronto
Hey Mate, awesome work. I am contemplating how much to spend on my LR4. It's 2011 V8 with no HD package but I love it. Have the compos on mine.

What I love most about this build is you did EXACTLY what YOU wanted and went out and got it. That is not as easy as it sounds!

Last edited:

Oregondrover

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oregon, USA
First Name
Keegen
Last Name
Mueller
Chris your rig is gorgeous! Anyone have any issue with the parking sensors after arb bumper install? When I go in reverse, there is a continuous beep