2016 Land Rover LR4 (Discovery 4) Project Build

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Louisiana
Member #

Took the truck out to our gun range behind the house where my father brought out his new Rubicon. After seeing what I did on my LR4 he ordered up both front and rear ARB bumpers with Warn Zeon 8S and the slightly smaller ARB Intensity lights. Here's a few shots from yesterday:

Contributor I

Louisiana
Member #

Spring is short lived here in Louisiana but nice to capture a few shots just after daybreak. It's been dry here but still plenty of great riding. Loving the truck as well. Thanks to all for the great feedback as well.

Good morning stretch over a cypress tree - even picked up some Spanish moss out there.

Quick iPhone snap as I was putting some lead down range with my new BCM HSP Jack. The Frontrunner drawer system makes for a great built-in gun case. Possibly might do some foam cut outs as well:

Edward Snow

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Queen Anne - Seattle, WA
Member #

Great build gulfstreamchris! I will be referring to your build as I make upgrades to my LR4. Next item on my list are compo wheels and 265/65r18 tires. I see that you have a similar set up, have you been happy them?

Attachments

vasily

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler II

Well done! David mentioned he was unable to get his 265/55/18 under the rear unless he deflated it. Your tire doesn't look delfated. Whats the trick? Or is it indeed deflated?

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Well done! David mentioned he was unable to get his 265/55/18 under the rear unless he deflated it. Your tire doesn't look delfated. Whats the trick? Or is it indeed deflated?
It does fit (really tight), but it's really hard to remove it off road and if it's hot outside - the tire swells too much.

Reactions: vasily

AdventureTim

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
Thanks for the fantastic writeup, I'm looking at doing something very similar to my LR4! Unfortunately your pics have disappeared - it'd be great if you could upload them again!

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Your photo have disaperd In my opinion. The disco 4 is the last true landrover i am currently In process of buying one of the last ones. To do what you have done. Although what happend to the last one i had has made me a bit hestitant , if you never seen my post the brake system failed in park mode and it rolled back ward down a short incline since the its happend to other Ld 4 owners with one tragic fatality It does not seem to on landrover radar but L4 owners please double check you are in park mode and its engaged. Forgot to mention automatics

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Sorry everyone! I will work on uploading the photos again, but I think it's something with photobucket. I am not tech savvy at all. Chris - how are you uploading your photos so I can follow over on my thread?

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I created at smugmug account (and paid for it, its cheap but VERY worth it). I've been using smug mug for a couple months now and its great. Even has easy way to pull photos from google photos on the site, so my phone (take the pictures) syncs to google, then i hand pick stuff for smugmug and then i can just use them straight from there..

So as I have mentioned before... @finlayforprez and @gulfstreamchris LR4's are kinda my LR4's parents. (I'll let you figure out which one is which).... Fin's is a 2013 like mine, Chris has a newer model with a ARB Summit bar, etc. Mine has DNA from both.

I have all the T44 skids now, dual swing rear T44 bumper, ARB Fridge, dual batteries, etc etc... The last major phase of my adolescent LR4's journey to adulthood has begun... I ordered the ARB summit bar yesterday, and I will put a Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S winch on her and the 9.5" ARB Intensity lights. Hope to make the parents proud.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I created at smugmug account (and paid for it, its cheap but VERY worth it). I've been using smug mug for a couple months now and its great. Even has easy way to pull photos from google photos on the site, so my phone (take the pictures) syncs to google, then i hand pick stuff for smugmug and then i can just use them straight from there..

So as I have mentioned before... @finlayforprez and @gulfstreamchris LR4's are kinda my LR4's parents. (I'll let you figure out which one is which).... Fin's is a 2013 like mine, Chris has a newer model with a ARB Summit bar, etc. Mine has DNA from both.

I have all the T44 skids now, dual swing rear T44 bumper, ARB Fridge, dual batteries, etc etc... The last major phase of my adolescent LR4's journey to adulthood has begun... I ordered the ARB summit bar yesterday, and I will put a Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S winch on her and the 9.5" ARB Intensity lights. Hope to make the parents proud.
Thanks for your help, Mike... much appreciated. Plus, those are such kind words! :) Your LR4 is awesome and getting better all the time!!!

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Sorry everyone! I will work on uploading the photos again, but I think it's something with photobucket. I am not tech savvy at all. Chris - how are you uploading your photos so I can follow over on my thread?
Would like to see what you have done with the 4.

You will need to host your pix with another site now.. Photobucket has taken every one hostage. they will not let you host your pic's from their site (to the web) any more unless you pay $400. a year. this is why no one can see them. This applies internet wide, not just here.

free isn't free anymore with them.

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/