Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Nothing mounted yet @DennisTheMenice ..... literally completed this at 11:00pm last night. :)

I have a Pelican type hard case that I'm considering mounting permanently and maybe some Fuelpax or Rotopax.

MPG i'll be tracking over the next few weeks and will report back.

Reactions: DennisTheMenice

DennisTheMenice

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I lost about .6 -.8 on the front runner. I expect yours will be less due to the wind fairing.

It was bad enough that i ordered the proper wind fairing instead of the junk that came with it. Also wind noise is significant.

I didnt see your wind fairing installed..... did it come with one?

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I lost about .6 -.8 on the front runner. I expect yours will be less due to the wind fairing.

It was bad enough that i ordered the proper wind fairing instead of the junk that came with it. Also wind noise is significant.

I didnt see your wind fairing installed..... did it come with one?
It did, but that and the ladder are going on this weekend.

Was in @sabjku 's driveway till 11pm just installing the rack. We started after 7pm, so maybe 3 1/2 hours on the install.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Gas mileage?? Lol my 2017 trd offroad premium gets 15ish mixed driving.

I did a 3” OME lift with spc upper control arms. Also added 285/70 BFG KO2s. Its a great tire and on stock wheels with 3” lift required no other mods to prevent any rubbing. The frontrunner rack is very nice and Im a bit envious of that. Mine is the southern style offroad rack. It serves its purpose well. Ive also swapped the battery for an odyssey group34 and added a fridge.

My next mod will be an s pod or switch pro install and then an sso slim line bumper/winch/lightbar. And flood lights on the roof rack for camping.

Last edited:

DennisTheMenice

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Gas mileage?? Lol my 2017 trd offroad premium gets 15ish mixed driving.

I did a 3” OME lift with spc upper control arms. Also added 285/70 BFG KO2s. Its a great tire and on stock wheels with 3” lift required no other mods to prevent any rubbing. The frontrunner rack is very nice and Im a bit envious of that. Mine is the southern style offroad rack. It serves its purpose well. Ive also swapped the battery for an odyssey group34 and added a fridge.

My next mod will be an s pod or switch pro install and then an sso slim line bumper/winch/lightbar. And flood lights on the roof rack for camping.
I know right MPG?!?! its a losing battle. However, i drive a pretty long way 50 miles commuting so it helps. Also i installed the frontrunner wind fairing and i must say its a big dif.

Envious of your lift.... also of the gobi setup its very nice looking.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova