2014 Long Travel Tacoma Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

I'm thinking of setting my tacoma with softopper and rack from BAMF for rtt as you mentioned above as I don't have enough space in the garage for trailer and can't afford it financial wise.
Just curious if you encountered any problems with your suspension on off-roads with the load at the back of truck bed set-up? Does it have big effect on the mileage with the rtt sticking at the back?
I had the old man emu Dakar suspension when I was running a softoper/bedrack/ rtt. It held the weight great offroad. The RTT sitting above the cab does affect the mileage but I stopped caring about mileage long ago.

Reactions: mr bill and mtbkr

mainetacodude

Rank 0

Contributor I

Did you just move the spare to the swing arm ? Did you do anything with that space and the chain and stuff? And I live in maine and there is a law that says that the rear tag must be lighted do you have that issue there and if so how do you address that? I have my annual vehicle inspection coming up? Thanks, I'm very much a novice but am learning.

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

Did you just move the spare to the swing arm ? Did you do anything with that space and the chain and stuff? And I live in maine and there is a law that says that the rear tag must be lighted do you have that issue there and if so how do you address that? I have my annual vehicle inspection coming up? Thanks, I'm very much a novice but am learning.
I cant fit a 35 under the bed so I need to keep it on the spare swing out. The bumper has lights for the license plate but the tow point is behind that and because my trailer used a max coupler I cant run a flip up license plate bracket. I relocate the plate to a visible spot when I tow and I have been towing so often I have not put it back. If I were going in for an inspection I would just put the plate back where it belongs under light. I'm not worried about a fix it ticket for the plate lights at the moment cuz they could also hit me for

Cracked windshield
lights to high of the ground
more then 4 forward facing lights
no mud flaps
tires stick out to far from the fenders
exhaust is loud
no third brake light when I run my camper. which is back on the truck
offroad lights arnt covered
no sway bar

Reactions: Crispy

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Great rig build thread! Love the picture of the Krispy Kreme box on the passenger seat :)

Reactions: Mademan925

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

Wow! Nice work on the rig! I really like what you did with it. Been wondering if I should pull the trigger on LT suspension. I'd have to take out KDSS and make it basically a race truck but your photos make me want to get a Tacoma. Very awesome rig. Should be able to tote a little one around in that no problems. ; )