Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Daxton
Last Name
Tarantino
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gilligan
I live in Mass but would love to plan a trip out there sometime to drive with some fellow KL's. I am looking forward to exploring the old logging trails in upper Maine when I get a little work under my belt done.

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
I live in Mass but would love to plan a trip out there sometime to drive with some fellow KL's. I am looking forward to exploring the old logging trails in upper Maine when I get a little work under my belt done.
Absolutely!! Look us up on Facebook the group is “Ohio Valley Trailhawks”! Also I’m totally interested in coming out that way for some trips! So let me know!!

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Great Info on this Link, I have a 15 Trailhawk, With RRO Roof rails, RRO Rock Slider, RRO Bumper, Warn M800S Winch, Dobinson Lift Combined w/ Hazard Sky Lift & a Tuff stuff RTT

Reactions: Jdelpercio93

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

OK, this mod is NOT for everyone but some might have use for it. Over the years, I‘ve gotten used to having red map lights in my work vehicle and so now I change my personal vehicles to red as well to preserve my night vision. The 2019 Trailhawk has 2 different (incandescent and LED) intereior lights so you have to get creative.

The front map lights and rear cargo lights are pretty straightforward. You pull the snap tabs for the console down from the front (closest to the windshield) and then simply replace the bulbs with LEDs. Don‘t believe the web, 194 bulbs are correct for the 19. Same size for the two cargo lights.

For the two small LED map lights above the passenger seats, I discovered that they are single LEDs soldered onto the circuit board. So I just ordered some red adhesive tint and cut it to cover the lenses. Two layers matched my other LEDs perfectly.

I left the white lights in the visor vanities for some white light if needed and the Cherokee has a small white LED shining down on the center console that can be turned off from the controls on the left side. So now I get to keep my night vision and still have white light if I were to want it.

8712D7A0-2AF6-4D35-9515-9707E09FE015.jpeg
58D31F8F-BE77-4BE6-96E2-F7325AB512C6.jpeg
CB454447-19FF-4620-B677-B0581D5DAF15.jpeg
584ACF74-622F-495E-BD31-07FE67F5C106.jpeg

8A241E85-7769-44C1-B1B1-85DB4B28080B.jpeg

_snakeskin_

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castaic, California
First Name
alec
Last Name
wallis
Member #

Well, now I have to order red tint for the inside of my vehicle [emoji15] fantastic mod! Thanks for sharing! I would’ve never thought to modify my personal vehicle like that

Reactions: J.W.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Has anyone Mounted an Ipad in the Cherokee?? We bought a Apple Gen 7 for GAIA not sure best way to mount it

_snakeskin_

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castaic, California
First Name
alec
Last Name
wallis
Member #

Has anyone Mounted an Ipad in the Cherokee?? We bought a Apple Gen 7 for GAIA not sure best way to mount it
Adjustments.JPG

Depending on the size will be your location. I have an iPad mini mounted to the cubby door on my dash. I HIGHLY recommend RAM mounts for everything no matter the location but it just depends which minting system you choose for the location. If you have any questions. Please feel free to DM me and I’ll be glad to help you out

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Ram Mounts Do seem the best, Wish we could get a Bar Like the vector JKU that would be perfect

Reactions: Pathkiller

_snakeskin_

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castaic, California
First Name
alec
Last Name
wallis
Member #

Ram Mounts Do seem the best, Wish we could get a Bar Like the vector JKU that would be perfect

RAM MOUNTS Composite Top-Load Tough-Track, 9"
This is what I used. Yes it requires drilling holes but it’s the best I’ve found so far. And the cubby door is $100 to replace if you ever decide to change it back to stock

The cubby door fits the 5” track and still allows you to utilize the cubby. I posted on a different thread for the KL’s on how I mounted the system

Reactions: J.W.

_snakeskin_

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castaic, California
First Name
alec
Last Name
wallis
Member #

My one recommendation Is if you have anything bigger than an iPad mini. To mount it to the seat bracket with the RAM arm bar system because you will be blocking a big field of view in your front window. I will be upgrading my system pretty soon to mount the iPad lower and use the track for my phone and other electronics on the dash

slowand4low

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Stockton, Ca
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hey all, just got my 2016 Trailhawk a month ago before i moved from Georgia to California. Hoping to get it out and explore, its stock for now but have plans for the future.View attachment 127795

Im in stockton, not too far from you. Im always up to get out of town, maybe we can arrange a run sometime. Im in a 19 Trailhawk

Reactions: CuriousWanderer

CuriousWanderer

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Canton, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Hefner
Member #

Im in stockton, not too far from you. Im always up to get out of town, maybe we can arrange a run sometime. Im in a 19 Trailhawk
Sounds good, I would be down for that. I am still learning the area what are some good trails around here id like to get out and explore.

slowand4low

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Stockton, Ca
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Depends on how far youre willing to drive really. If youre cool with 2-3 hours from you theres more than you can ever explore. 2 ohv parks within that range, Hollister Hills to the south, and Cow Mountain to the north. And national forests youve got Mendocino, Tahoe, El Dorado, Stanislaus, and then Sierra and Lassen are a little further out. Grab some maps and get out there, youll never get bored. I havent yet, ive been out a bunch, and i havent even scratched the surface of whats out there. Im usually solo so i stick with easier stuff most of the time (not afraid to turn around when in doubt) and i havent gone out too far from home yet. But the trailhawk has surprised me thus far, and im sure i could push it a little harder. With a proper spotter ive gotten through some pretty shady shit that id never do alone. Ill try and remember to let you know if i decide to go out soon, it would be nice to get a group of trailhawks together

Reactions: CuriousWanderer

CuriousWanderer

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Canton, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Hefner
Member #

Depends on how far youre willing to drive really. If youre cool with 2-3 hours from you theres more than you can ever explore. 2 ohv parks within that range, Hollister Hills to the south, and Cow Mountain to the north. And national forests youve got Mendocino, Tahoe, El Dorado, Stanislaus, and then Sierra and Lassen are a little further out. Grab some maps and get out there, youll never get bored. I havent yet, ive been out a bunch, and i havent even scratched the surface of whats out there. Im usually solo so i stick with easier stuff most of the time (not afraid to turn around when in doubt) and i havent gone out too far from home yet. But the trailhawk has surprised me thus far, and im sure i could push it a little harder. With a proper spotter ive gotten through some pretty shady shit that id never do alone. Ill try and remember to let you know if i decide to go out soon, it would be nice to get a group of trailhawks together
I will check those out. Im not afraid of a drive, but definitely let me know if you head out its always good to have others with you when out on the trails.

Reactions: Jdelpercio93

NolanDick

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Nolan
Last Name
Dick
Member #

Hey all,

I just traded in the KL Trailhawk for a little bit more robust setup and have my old Rocky Road Outfitters Steel Rails and crossbars for sale if anyone is interested. If so hit me up. If not, those KL's are rad rigs and I'm sure I'll keep tabs on this forum. Love to see what you guys are up to.

Attachments

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

We liked our KL, But needed more room so traded for a JT...kind of miss it a Little thou