Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Sounds like a good idea, alas not many people take these jacked up Fiats off-road.

Mine's a '15 with a Hazardsky lift and LT245/70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIIs. I've already had to replace the front right ball joint at 42,000km. The sickening fact that the ball joint from Chrysler was a cool $720, and included the steering knuckle.

Attachments

Reactions: Willys_2014

Kornball

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Centro, Ca
Member #

That had to hurt. I'm working on saving up some money to turn mine into a great rig. I defiantly want to put sliders on before anything else. then I'm planning on the MFC+ lift with some 265/70/17 KM2's.

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

That had to hurt. I'm working on saving up some money to turn mine into a great rig. I defiantly want to put sliders on before anything else. then I'm planning on the MFC+ lift with some 265/70/17 KM2's.
It would have, my local Jeep dealer was kind enough to sigh it off as warranty work. I'm looking at getting the Dobinson lift myself. As for sliders there's a Canadian fab shop that make a nice set and they're close enough that shipping wouldn't rape me too badly.

I hope you have the V6, my I4's pretty asthmatic with 30.5" tire on xD

Kornball

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Centro, Ca
Member #

It would have, my local Jeep dealer was kind enough to sigh it off as warranty work. I'm looking at getting the Dobinson lift myself. As for sliders there's a Canadian fab shop that make a nice set and they're close enough that shipping wouldn't rape me too badly.

I hope you have the V6, my I4's pretty asthmatic with 30.5" tire on xD
That's cool that they hooked you up with that. Mine will get there one day.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Had my front driver wheel bearing replaced under warranty, goo thing too. A $650 bill would have been a kick to the nuts. 5yr/100k all the way :grin:

NV Badlands

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carson Valley, Nevada
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hutchings
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K9DEM
Service Branch
Air Force
Any updates? I just stumbled across this thread. I’ve got a stock ‘15 latitude that’s ready for some ideas.

BogusOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
CaseyAndAshley
Last Name
Bogue
Member #

I have a 2015 Latitude as well. My family is quickly out growing the car so we aren't planning to make too many upgrades to it, however, I am interested in putting a RTT on. It currently has the stock rails on the roof with Thule Aeroblade crossbars. The crossbars are rated for 165lbs dynamic but there is no info on the stock rails.

Have you seen anyone run a RTT on the stock rails? Would the be safe for the weight of 2 adults and a toddler?

I have new rails on order but would like to get out before they arrive if possible. Our trip would definitely not be fun if the rails failed and we went crashing through the panoramic roof.

NolanDick

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Nolan
Last Name
Dick
Member #

Hey,
2015 Trailhawk here. So far all I have is the RRO Roof rails and crossbars and a Roam Adventure Vagabond RTT. Hoping to do the Dobinson's Lift, with HD rear springs, here soon and upgrade tires. My biggest issue so far is the lack of options for the KL's. I'd love to move the spare tire out back and find a rear tire carrier but so far I've only seen the Wilco Offroad one, which I don't really like, and some guy fab his own, which was awesome. Any ideas I'd love to head about them! Thanks,

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
I've got an '18 Trailhawk as my DD. I run 265/65 Coopers with no lift, no rub at all. I have a Hazard Sky lift that I need to put on at some point. I do not like the Wilco carrier either, mostly because its stupid expensive. I literally bought both my other Jeeps combined for less than it...
I like the Gobi Rack and I'll move my spare tire up there once it goes on. Fabbing up a tire carrier using the tow hitch shouldn't be super hard, but it does need a welder I suppose. I really enjoy mine, I think they are great platforms for both on road and off road trips. As I do have my old Jeeps for more off road exploring and this is my DD I probably won't do much else besides put the Hazard Sky Lift and Gobi rack on. Might put a light bar on the rack but that's it.

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
I have the '19 Latitude. It is stock at this point as far as suspension goes. I did remove the rear impact bar and added a tow hitch. I think the next changes will be a set of A/T tires and the rock rails.

_snakeskin_

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castaic, California
First Name
alec
Last Name
wallis
Member #

hey guys! ‘19 Cherokee trailhawk I’ll be overlanding and using as a daily driver. This was a covert install I did with my HAM radio today. I spent hours researching online and ultimately created my own way to install radio box. I had to modify the center console a bit with a Dremel to fit the unit but once I took measurements and cut out the section and drilled two holes in the center console for the unit mount. The rest was super easy. I just followed the YouTube videos on how to remove the centersole and figured out my radio unit was small enough to fit in the dead space where that cubby was built in. IMG_9250.JPG

_snakeskin_

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castaic, California
First Name
alec
Last Name
wallis
Member #

This is awesome!! Exactly how I was thinking of doing mine!!
Thank you! The install was super easy. Only needed a 10mm socket wrench to unbolt the center console screws. A Phillips screwdriver bit and drill to tighten down the mount screws. A dremel to cut a small section of plastic out on the console cubby and some patience haha all in I spent about 2 hours with the install but I was making sure everything was perfect. I have OCD when it comes to gear so I like it nice and tight

Here is the 2 part video I watched for the removal of the dash. If you guys would like I can take photos of my mounted radio box underneath and post them up so you can figure out your mounting options!

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
Thank you! The install was super easy. Only needed a 10mm socket wrench to unbolt the center console screws. A Phillips screwdriver bit and drill to tighten down the mount screws. A dremel to cut a small section of plastic out on the console cubby and some patience haha all in I spent about 2 hours with the install but I was making sure everything was perfect. I have OCD when it comes to gear so I like it nice and tight

Here is the 2 part video I watched for the removal of the dash. If you guys would like I can take photos of my mounted radio box underneath and post them up so you can figure out your mounting options!
Oh cool! Awesome! Thank you!