Make: Nissan
Year: 2013
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro-4X
Color: Super Black

Transmission:
5AT
Mileage: January 2016 (My purchase date) - 81k miles

Packages: Leather PRO-4X Seats, PRO-4X Carpet Mats/Regular Rubber Mats, Touchscreen Navigation/Bluetooth Phone/Audio

Legend:
[+] = Done
[:D] = In progress/Ordered
[$] = Want
[X] = Removed

------ MODS ------

Suspension:

[+] TS Radflo 2.0 w/ 650springs
[+] Titan m205 3 rib w/ 3.36 gearing.
[+] PRG Titan UCA
[+] OEM TItan LCA
[+] Hitachi Titan Inner/Outer tie rods
[+] Nisstec Camber bolts
[+] Alcan +3" with +550lbs over stock
[+] Bilstein 5100 Rear 2.5-4" Shocks
[+] Timbren Rear Active Offroad bumpstops
[+] Superbump Front bumpstops
[+] PRG Red Shackles

Wheels/Tires:
[+] 285/75/R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W on stock 13' Pro4X Wheels

Engine/Exhaust/Drivetrain:
[+] Rear differential breather valve relocate
[+] AEM Dryflow 28-20286
[$] Intake Manifold Spacer
[$] Volant Air Intake
[$] Airflow Snorkel
[$] 4.10 Gears

Armor:
[+] Hefty Steel Engine Skid
[+] Hefty Aluminum Transmission Skid
[+] Hardcore Offroad Full Grille Guard front bumper
[+] Stock P4X skids elsewhere
[+] ShrockRocks Sliders with Textured Black Powdercoat
[$] Hefty Aluminum Transfer/Gas Skids
[+] Hardcore Offroad Steel Radiator skid
[+] maXTERRA Rear Tire Carrier with Jerry can holder with added FrontRunner Drop Down Table
[+] Nisstec Rear Shock Skids - Red
[+] Offroad Gorilla m226 Diff Skid

Exterior:
[X] Remove OEM Mudflaps
[+] Painted all plastics black for stealth look
[+] Front Window Tint 50%
[+] Por15'ed the entire underbody for rust protection
[+] Locking roof gear box - Southco 92-21-511 T-handle
[+] KCHilites 6" Black Daylighters LED 40w
[+] MaxTerra projector rear backup light bulbs
[+] Diode Dynamics LUXEON LED Fog Lamps w/ yellow Lamin-X film
[+] Low Profile Roof rack crossbars aka Unistrut mod holding my FSR M49 RTT
[+] Trico ExactFit 16B rear wiper mod with stronger spring.

Interior:
[+] Raingler Large Ceiling net holding sleeping bag, blanket, clothes, poncho etc.
[+] ZheKing interior LED light kit

Recovery/Comms:
[+] VIAIR 300p Portable Compressor
[+] BROG Recovery bag with full set of recovery gear
[+] Baofeng UV-82 Radio
[+] Cobra ACXT1035 GMRS/FRS
[+] ICOM 5021 HAM radio with Tram Antenna
[+] Midland 822 CB mounted with MPS mount w/ 3' Firestik II antennae mounted on Diamond K400 Hatch mount
[+] 3ton All-in-jack
[+] USGI E-Tool
[+] Gerber Combo Axe/Saw
[+] Fiskars Chopping Axe mounted on roof rack
[+] Bond short shovel mounted on roof rack
[+] Silky GomBoy saw
[+] TRED 1100's
[+] Ipad navigation 67designs setup using center bin and iPad mini4
[+] Smittybilt X20 10,000 synthetic winch

Other:
[+] 8Gal Action Packer with various camping supplies including sleeping supplies, energy bars, fixed blade, cooking set, water purification, fire starting etc.
[+] Atlas46 KOH Tool Roll loaded with various tools for fixing the rig
[+] Various First Aid and Trauma kits for different levels of injury.
[+] BoulderTools Auto-tire deflaters
[+] BoulderTools Deluxe Tire Repair kit
[+] eBay red engine struts
[+] Advance Auto Platinum AGM 24F
[+] ARB 50qt Fridge
[+] Noco 4amp on board battery charger
[+] Freespirit Recreation M49 RTT
[+] ebay Awning.

As she sits currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasGXGuy

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

Back in November I attemded the VAXC 5th birthday ride at Flagpole Knob near Harrisburg VA. Some of you may recognize the orange Jeep that rides with us

We mingle with a Toyota club meet up here too.

Reactions: The other Sean

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

Back in September I returned to Pisgah :grin: I spent more of this trip hiking than offroading so more pics on that but first day I spent a night at a very nice spot I found along South Holston Lake from there I went on the Blueridge Mountain Parkway into Pisgah and hit trails, hiked and then camped at my first paid campground as I couldn't find any spots in this area to setup.

Found a really nice spot along the lake if you have a ground tent. No access with vehicle though.

Where I ended up. What an amazing view.

Some exploring

I ended up on some forest roads near the AT.

And I ended up finding this laying on the side of the road :surprise: I figured it was a restock kinda thing for the hikers although not sure why the painting is with it lol

Various pics from the BRP

Hiking around in Pisgah

My campsite for the evening. Pisgah seems to be much more limited on dispersed camping than Cherokee is. Several spots had no camping signs up.

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

Back in August I explored Cherokee National forest and the entry into Pisgah National Forest

Sooo [MENTION=65834]TerryD[/MENTION] I still need a chainsaw lol

Ended up finding this nice little hidden camp site that someone left some firewood at.

All that way down this path for a gate... :(

Took this path with 2 large berms in the way and scrapped my rear bumper and got a nice chunk of muck stuck on the shackle. Ended up in a dead end though sigh.

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

My first outing into Cherokee back in July where I explored Whitetop Mountain and it's surrounding areas. This was just before I got the RTT :grin:

It all fit somehow lol

For those of you who watch Mountain State Overland this forest road back entrance may be familiar >:)

I ended up driving straight to Whitetop when I got there as I wanted to make it before dusk

Some people didn't like the sign too much :/

Saw an interesting site at the Appalachian trail parking spot...Now that's a home on wheels.

I ended up finding a spot to setup toward the end where you had to go through 3 watered sections. Water was only like 6" deep but I guess no one wanted to come here.

Their was a little offpath that lead to a couple overgrown camping sites. I've heard camping isn't allowed on Whitetop but guess that doesn't stop some lol

The view up here is AMAZING!

Cooking time :grin:

As I was eating I saw what looked like a stock black Pro4x coming down the path but then they turned around before the water section. Noooo you could have made it brother! :crying:

Time to leave Whitetop and head back into the forest.

Coming back into Cherokee I took a forest road called Skull Gap. Pretty badly rutted out but then I came across a great camping site that had a picnic table and tree coverage. Score! >:)

Though I had to clean up a lot of beer bottles/cans in the area. Seriously people this is what closes stuff to us :angry5:

Woke up the next morning to intermediate raining but beautiful sun rise.

Yay for breakfast and trying to cook this during bouts of misting shows I need that awning for next trip lol.

Venturing out

Airing up for the trek back home. Still love this adventure X and can't wait for many more to come.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Those Shrockworks sliders sure look a lot like the ones that Hefty Fabworks sells. Did you add the top plates?

I feel sorry for the axles on the X with the tires sticking way out. You signed up for goneMOAB 2019?

Reactions: Adventr-X

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

Those Shrockworks sliders sure look a lot like the ones that Hefty Fabworks sells. Did you add the top plates?

I feel sorry for the axles on the X with the tires sticking way out. You signed up for goneMOAB 2019?
It's Shrocks Treadplate version. It's similar to Hefty's though a little more outward. They can take a beating for sure. As for the axles I'm on Titan half shafts so it's stronger than our stock r180 ones. Unfortunately I couldn't get off for GoneMoab or at least long enough to do the event. Yay for working in the medical field :/ I'm hoping to move out west in a year or so to Utah/Colorado or Oregon so that maybe change in the future :)

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Your rig looks great! I was referring to the other black X license plate RAVA14..... I could NEVER run the trails out here with a stance that wide!

Reactions: Adventr-X

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

Your rig looks great! I was referring to the other black X license plate RAVA14..... I could NEVER run the trails out here with a stance that wide!
Ahh. That is Garth's rig the current owner of the Virginia Xterra Club aka VAXC. He has a custom setup done by AK at Chaos Fab Shop (if you've watched Truck Night in America he's the guy driving the giant orange Jeep). He has it VK56 V8 swapped, on Titan rear axle, Titan spindles, Dirt King LCA/UCA, King Coilovers all around that extend higher than stock (his rear goes into his cargo area), hydraulic bumpstops all around w/ limit straps on custom Method beadlocks wrapped with 35" Toyo MT's and the frame is reinforced. It's an offroad racer and man can it jump.

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

Went to Hurricane Creek to Max Patch this Saturday and camped overnight. Ran into a nice family driving a mild modded 3rd gen 4Runner and a decked out LandRover. I don't have too many pics of the X on HC as I was just enjoying it though the LR and 4R did have some trouble in some spots while I just kinda went up everything thanks to the TS and locker. Max Patch was beautiful though on top of the mountain. People in the area should add this to the bucket list.

Afterwards I followed the family down another FR when lead me to my camp site for the night.

Adventr-X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Grundy, VA, USA
Member #

DFGOffroad tilt slide for my ARB came in so got that taken care off. Now I need to get some tie down points and she's done :sunglasses: