2007 Subaru Forester XT

• HTML tutorial

Drftsub

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

No problem. I have a project 04 xt currently that I shoved an STI 6 speed into w the full r180/brembo's etc. About ready to drop the built engine in but I may be yanking it all out and putting it all in my caged GC8 instead. I love Scoobies, but they like all vehicles have their weak points.

let me know if I can help out further, awesome build btw, love seeing people get these things dirty.

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

No problem. I have a project 04 xt currently that I shoved an STI 6 speed into w the full r180/brembo's etc. About ready to drop the built engine in but I may be yanking it all out and putting it all in my caged GC8 instead. I love Scoobies, but they like all vehicles have their weak points.

let me know if I can help out further, awesome build btw, love seeing people get these things dirty.
Heck yeah. I'd love to see your gc8! I have a problem with subarus too lol. Do you have an instagram I could follow? Mine is @tyleromyah. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Thank you! I didn't think about that. I have read a couple things about these stupid automatics! Lol I mean if all else fails, I guess I'll have to swap it! ;)

I will definitely have to look into a real tune. Mine is just a Cobb flash tune, i don't even know what tune was put on it (it was done before I bought it). That would make sense though for sure. Thanks again! I appreciate the help guys.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
Did the knock ever go away? I was wondering if I needed to worry about anything after the lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Did the knock ever go away? I was wondering if I needed to worry about anything after the lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app
Sorry it's been a minute since i've looked at my thread haha. Here is the update on that:

I decided, as a preventative maintenance measure, to buy a turbo rebuild kit hoping that would

A. Fix the issue
B. Allow me to really inspect the condition of the turbo after 200k+ miles.

After removing the turbo, i was pleased to see that the internals were in pretty great shape. Seems the maintenance records i got when i bought the car have paid off lol.

We (my dad and I) went ahead and rebuilt the turbo and reinstalled it. It did seem to help the issue i was having, for the most part. Every now and then, i still the the fluttering rpms, but not near what it was. (I did also find a tiny vacuum leak that we also fixed).

Car is running great at 224k miles.

I now debate what to do when the motor decides it's time...

Rebuild or 2.8 Cummins....

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Sorry it's been a minute since i've looked at my thread haha. Here is the update on that:

I decided, as a preventative maintenance measure, to buy a turbo rebuild kit hoping that would

A. Fix the issue
B. Allow me to really inspect the condition of the turbo after 200k+ miles.

After removing the turbo, i was pleased to see that the internals were in pretty great shape. Seems the maintenance records i got when i bought the car have paid off lol.

We (my dad and I) went ahead and rebuilt the turbo and reinstalled it. It did seem to help the issue i was having, for the most part. Every now and then, i still the the fluttering rpms, but not near what it was. (I did also find a tiny vacuum leak that we also fixed).

Car is running great at 224k miles.

I now debate what to do when the motor decides it's time...

Rebuild or 2.8 Cummins....

That sucks to hear I have a love hate relationship with my turbo. Lately things have been good thanks to the Grimmspeed hardware and stage 2 protune. Hows the kitchen Subaru thing going for you noticed you kinda just disappeared with that whole thing, is it still a thing?

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

That sucks to hear I have a love hate relationship with my turbo. Lately things have been good thanks to the Grimmspeed hardware and stage 2 protune. Hows the kitchen Subaru thing going for you noticed you kinda just disappeared with that whole thing, is it still a thing?
Yeah, it's just been on the backburner right now. The kitchen is in California currently and we moved back to Idaho. It should be up here this month. My dad has been tweaking a few things that i didn't like on the original design (the one i had at Subiefest). As soon as i have the kitchen back in my possession, i can start gathering more media and start pursuing sales again.

We may even try to design something even smaller, to fit the needs of more people. You were right about Subaru owners being cheap! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It's all good. It takes time and a lot of R&D to come up with the best product for the market!!

Btw, how does your schedule look the end of July/beginning of august? Wondering if you'd like to see the back country of Idaho..

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

Hey so can we re-ignite this post?? I’d really like to know what size tires and offset rims the OP used with just a 2-inch lift. That’s about the exact setup I’m looking for on my 2007 Forester.

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hey so can we re-ignite this post?? I’d really like to know what size tires and offset rims the OP used with just a 2-inch lift. That’s about the exact setup I’m looking for on my 2007 Forester.
I apologize, as i have been absent from the app for a while. Mark, I am running 215/75/15. The wheels are method 502s, you can see the offset on their website. I can't remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: DirtPoorOverland

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

I apologize, as i have been absent from the app for a while. Mark, I am running 215/75/15. The wheels are method 502s, you can see the offset on their website. I can't remember off the top of my head.
Awesome. Thanks for your help! Haven’t really been able to get any solid answers out of anyone else.

Edit: also do you recall if they are the vt spec 502s or just the rally 502s? There is a significant difference in the offset between the two.

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Awesome. Thanks for your help! Haven’t really been able to get any solid answers out of anyone else.

Edit: also do you recall if they are the vt spec 502s or just the rally 502s? There is a significant difference in the offset between the two.
Mt502s, the rally ones! Hoping to increase the tire size next round. I'd love to do the 4" lift or hotbits long travel kit.

Reactions: DirtPoorOverland

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

Mt502s, the rally ones! Hoping to increase the tire size next round. I'd love to do the 4" lift or hotbits long travel kit.
I see that. Looks like your offset is a +38. In case you were wondering. Lol

So everyone says that the spring perch at the top is the limiting factor on the tire size. Have you looked at possible interference you may have with going any bigger?

I’m thinking about doing a strut bottom lift from AFP (APF?) so increase the space to the perch as well. With roughly the same size tires as you. But probably a bit different kind of rim.

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Which company? I'm on an Anderson Design Fab 2" top strut spacer. You know i haven't looked too hard. I'm limited by the rub on the front bumper. I've seen guys with 31s stuffed under foresters haha

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

Which company? I'm on an Anderson Design Fab 2" top strut spacer. You know i haven't looked too hard. I'm limited by the rub on the front bumper. I've seen guys with 31s stuffed under foresters haha
Yeah, that’s the company I was thinking of. Couldn’t remember the acronym. But they have a strut bottom lift that puts the spacer at the bottom of the strut instead of the top. As well as probably getting a set of the adjustable sway bar links.

I saw guys running 31s but just couldn’t figure out how they did it because everything I heard says the tire size I limited by the spring perch. I guess the way to avoid it is the strut bottom lift and a big offset wheel. That’s what I’d been looking around for.

But I like your combo and fairly conservative. I think I’ll do something like that.

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yeah, that’s the company I was thinking of. Couldn’t remember the acronym. But they have a strut bottom lift that puts the spacer at the bottom of the strut instead of the top. As well as probably getting a set of the adjustable sway bar links.

I saw guys running 31s but just couldn’t figure out how they did it because everything I heard says the tire size I limited by the spring perch. I guess the way to avoid it is the strut bottom lift and a big offset wheel. That’s what I’d been looking around for.

But I like your combo and fairly conservative. I think I’ll do something like that.
Awesome, can't wait to see it!