Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
Cool build. I'm an aspiring ham and already have an old modified Icom 2m rig.

Any updates on your rig?

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Nothing other than going out and finding some snow.

I'm still waiting on bumpers (front and rear) from a company that I should have never gotten involved with. That's what happens when you don't do your research I guess.

I also had some larger $$ repairs that had to be done. Rear diff, and exhaust manifold gaskets.

I am planning on heading up and finding some snow this weekend. It will be the first time since I've owned it, so it will be a new, and exciting adventure.

Chains, and other recovery gear are already loaded :D

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Nice build! I always have liked the Commander. Hoping to mod my GC once I'm done with my JKU. Which means it'll probably never happen.

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Oh man, those look amazing! Sorry you had a bad experience, but it looks like the product turned out ok? [emoji106][emoji106]

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Oh man, those look amazing! Sorry you had a bad experience, but it looks like the product turned out ok? [emoji106][emoji106]
I expect it will cost half again fixing it to make it right, and what I wanted in the first place...

It does look good. Hopefully it can take a hit [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
So, after many MANY months after making a dumb decision, I finally have my bumpers on. I'll have a write up about the installation and horrible experience this has been soon. But until then, here are a couple pics.

Bonus: Dogs.

Looks good, the pups look good too...

Reactions: jdunk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I had to order new UCA's. I opted for Rocky Road. I also decided to bite the bullet and get all new OME (HD) springs.

As of right now, I'm not planning on replacing the Lower Control Arms, but I'll take a look at that once I get everything taken apart.

This was all brought to me by a "popping" that started after my last trip out :expressionless:

Something I knew I needed to do, but wasn't expecting to do this soon :angry:

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Since getting the monster bumpers installed, I realized that the more than 100k on the stock springs just wasn't going to cut it.

I've upgraded the factory springs with OME HD springs front and rear. Combined with the HD strut and shock replacement as part of the original lift, It rides like a dream. Need yet another alignment though... I also upgraded the UCA's with a set from Rocky Road.

I have also set my new found favorite fabricator to the horrible task that is fixing the TAG craftsmanship and lazy (seemingly) build quality.

I've had the rear can carrier re-added, this time in the proper direction. That required the moving of the tire carrier slightly to the right. Though, it still needs a little adjustment.

I also had to have him add a front license plate bracket, because, unlike what I paid for, there wasn't one on the bumper.

I'll have some pictures shortly. I still need to get everything posted from the horrible project that was the bumper installation...

I have the RRO spacers that I'm probably going to throw up for sale to someone local. (I'm way to lazy to ship)