Launch Member

Traveler III

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

I picked up the LC 100 a week ago after looking for awhile and finding a few rusty duds around that where way over priced.

I found this one through Autotrader and it was being sold used at the dealership that sold it originally in 2005 to the one owner that had it. Always a southern car it’s very rust free.

I put BFG KO2s on today to get rid of the pedestrian street rubber and it’s starting to look much better already.

I have a few other items on the way. New seat bottom skin to fix the cracked leather and a Blue Ridge Overland 100 series attic. I’m taking out both rows or rear seats. My next steps are either a rear bumper, dual battery and compressor with an inverter setup or a lift. I also have plans to paint match the molding on the sides to clean it up and make it less ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

I picked up the LC 100 a week ago after looking for awhile and finding a few rusty duds around that where way over priced.

I found this one through Autotrader and it was being sold used at the dealership that sold it originally in 2005 to the one owner that had it. Always a southern car it’s very rust free.

I put BFG KO2s on today to get rid of the pedestrian street rubber and it’s starting to look much better already.

I have a few other items on the way. New seat bottom skin to fix the cracked leather and a Blue Ridge Overland 100 series attic. I’m taking out both rows or rear seats. My next steps are either a rear bumper, dual battery and compressor with an inverter setup or a lift. I also have plans to paint match the molding on the sides to clean it up and make it less ordinary.

Awesome. Check out ih8mud if you're not already on there, best LC forums (ok maybe the best forums overall) on the interwebs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

We took our maiden voyage Sunday on Fort Fisher Beach here in North Carolina. Glad to say I know for sure the center diff lock and four wheel drive work great!

Took a few minutes to air down the tires, decided on 25psi. I could have gone lower but wanted to see how it felt at different levels. I went through the worst parts a full 36psi, I needed to find our limits. Honestly the truck was fine and I never feared digging in. Ultimately the air down was about experience and making it easier on the truck getting through the sand. More over and less through.

We had a blast and I will absolutely go again. I have a small squeak in the front, sounds like the serpentine system. I have a gates belt, tensioner and idler kit ordered already. Next on the to do list including the belt and idlers is flushing the fluids, stainless brake lines, fix the rear hatch lock motor and put the new bottom seat skin on the driver seat.

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

Anyone that has had issues with any of their door locks. I have scoured the net and found a few places where people figured out what the little dc motor in the actuator housing is but all the links for eBay are old and no longer working. I found the manufacturer name and part number so you can just search that and find them in bulk on eBay or individually on amazon however they are more expensive.

Brand: Mabuchi
Part number: KF243G-101

These seems to be used in many Toyota vehicles just in different plastic housings as well. I found the part in a Prius forum and then also a Lexus SUV forum.

Hope this helps anyone.

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

Looks like a good find. Time to Mod it!
I was just reading your build documentation the other night and didn't even make the connection between TLC FAQ and here until just now! Love what you've done with both of your's and I appreciate the time you've taken to do the write ups! Super inspiring and helpful! Thanks RobRed

Reactions: RobRed

Attom

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Middle Tennessee
Member #

Where did you find the seat skins? Mine are shoot and I have been looking into repairs, seat replacement, etc. New skins never occurred to me, but is a brilliant solution.

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

Where did you find the seat skins? Mine are shoot and I have been looking into repairs, seat replacement, etc. New skins never occurred to me, but is a brilliant solution.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/282618079440

I found them on eBay. Good reviews and they look much nicer than sure me of the other ones I found through google. It’s here and it looks really nice, but I haven’t installed it yet to be able to account for fit.

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

Got the new skin installed. I couldn’t be happier. The quality is awesome and it fits really well. Can’t wait to put the seat back in tomorrow.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Nice find! Saw in the first pic which looked like a modded Evo and a caged Miata? How much was it to drive on the beach at Fort Fisher?

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

Nce ride! Liking forward to watching your build as we just picked up a 98 Lx470 ourselves. What size Ko2s did you go with? View attachment 48250

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using OB Talk mobile app
I went with 275/65/R18 it's 1 inch overall taller, meaning half and inch increase in ride height and minimal speedometer variance. 60mph on speedo is 56-57 actual speed. They have been great so far.

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

Nice find! Saw in the first pic which looked like a modded Evo and a caged Miata? How much was it to drive on the beach at Fort Fisher?

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
Fisher was $25 on a weekend for a day pass that expires the next day at 7am. Week days is's $15 same expiration period. I am the Assistant General Manager at a speed shop, you are correct on the vehicles in the back ground of some of the pics. We do everything from engine builds on muscle cars to turbos on tuners and everything in between. Basically if it makes a car faster we do it.

Reactions: tsingson

J100Roaming

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pfeiffer
Member #

A couple weekends ago we hit a few trails in the area. Just seeing how it handled and what items I need to address. I didn’t have any pics of the big holes but I discovered a small lift and high clearance bumper might need to be sooner than latter. The 4x4 was flawless, I put it in low a couple of times just to make sure it was working properly and give the Trans a little break but I honestly don’t think I ever needed it. It’s nice to know it’s there in case I really need it and I’m not always reliant on my lowest gear option for most things.