Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Parker, AZ, USA
First Name
ELIYAHU
Last Name
YHWH
Member #

So I bought my used 1999 4runner which came with just one key and key fob. After getting the price of over $200 from the Dealership, I had to find a better way...

My First attempt was to buy the Fob online which was to come with programming instructions. I got the Key Fob which looked exactly like the original, with the same number and everything, however I was unable to program the Fob because it required cycling the Lock / Un-Lock 5 Times at two different intervals but my locks being so old would only cycle about 3 or 4 times before not making a full cycle. A full set of Locks would be about $100 from Ebay for my 4runner.

Then I saw where a guy had been able to " Program keys from your Laptop " with the use of the "MINI VCI for TOYOTA V12.10.019 Single Cable Support Toyota TIS OEM Diagnostic Software " which runs about $30 on Ebay from China. I heard it was quite a complicated configuration for the Cable and that the Software was possibly an Un-Licensed version which was not very useful. I also heard that the software has at least a couple of Virus' associated with it.

I don't mind setting up an old WIN7 Laptop just for this purpose, blocking WiFi and keeping clear of my Home Network, but I would like to hear if anyone else has tried this product. I know there are several versions of Cables and Software so would like to try and get the best available.

Thanks in advance Elijah :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boort