Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, California
First Name
David
Last Name
Munoz
Member #

Hey guys, I thought I'd introduce my new build! I previously had a 2wd Tacoma as a daily driver and an fj60 camping rig, but I decided to sell them both. Although it was a tough decision, maintaining two rigs wasn't something I wanted to continue doing.

Here she is.

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 with rear locker and 149,562 miles

When I picked her up.

After about a week of ownership, a flippac was posted for sale locally. I messaged the seller asking if he was interested in trading the flippac for my silver camper from my previous 2wd Tacoma. To my surprise he said yes!

The flippac isn't perfect I'm stoked to finally have one. The only downside is the flippacs weight on the 20-year-old leaf springs.

You can see how much it made the rear end sag.

While I did research on the suspension setup I wanted I decided to correct the paint. The truck is a daily driver and camping rig so I don't necessarily need a perfect finish.

I used a porter cable DA polisher, chemical guys pads and HD SPEED single stage polish. Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

David Munoz

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, California
First Name
David
Last Name
Munoz
Member #

I contacted a good friend who works at ORW and we decided on the KING shocks front and rear along with OME heavy leaf springs.94161

In addition, I picked up some 265/75/16 BFG KO2 to replace the old rugged trail tires.

Here are some images in jtree/ yucca valley during a weekend trip

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
Wow, nice rig! What are your plans for the interior of the Atlas? Are you planning to leave it as is or is a build out in your future? Either way its a super nice camper!