Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I don't get downtown very often, I am more worried about drive throughs! Honestly though, it looks really tall but it is about 8' 3" tall for now. I will have to double check the height after I do the shackle flip.
I figured that drive thrus would likely cause more grief. IT's looking very cool.

Reactions: Mattcrouch1502

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Short post today, got the shackle flip install and was reminded why I hate frame rivets.... I installed the flip without dropping the tank, care had to be taken to not send the chisel through the side of the fuel tank. After some very choice words and a sore shoulder from swinging a hammer it was all removed. Got the holes drilled out and the new shackle flips bolted up, I am extremely happy with how it sits, I think it could stand another inch in the back but I am not worried about it. At some point I may put some helper air bags on it but I want to drive it some first to see if the coils settle any. Last few things before some shake down driving is a new pitman arm, building/adjusting the rear shock mounts, and clocking down the transfer case. There are some other little things like axle breathers and aux lights but those are not major.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Looks good, great job on the fabrication!

I may have missed it, what gears are you running in the axles?

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Gonna have it all buttoned up in time for the vaccine zombies. Needs a porthole in the top with a turret and a browning 50. All joking aside that is an awesome build.

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Gonna have it all buttoned up in time for the vaccine zombies. Needs a porthole in the top with a turret and a browning 50. All joking aside that is an awesome build.
Lol, we have joked about needing to mount a turret on the top! I took it on a bit of a road test this past week during the Texas snowpocalypse and it handled pretty good. Still some small stuff to finish up but driveable!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Lol, we have joked about needing to mount a turret on the top! I took it on a bit of a road test this past week during the Texas snowpocalypse and it handled pretty good. Still some small stuff to finish up but driveable!
Since you obviously won't "need" a hi-lift jack, you can roof mount it to look like a Ma Deuce.

Reactions: Mattcrouch1502

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I need to say it again, that's a totally awesome truck!
Not sure if I missed it or forgot it but what axles are holding up to this huge tires?

Built By Fluffy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Builder II

California, USA
Member #

This is a sweet rig. I'm liking how you set up the hydraulic assist steering, might steel that idea from you

Any plans for the interior of the box?

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
This is a sweet rig. I'm liking how you set up the hydraulic assist steering, might steel that idea from you

Any plans for the interior of the box?
I am planning to seal the seams and add interior insulation, then I am going to deck it to add a sleeping platform. I am hoping to start on that this summer, right now I am trying to put some miles on it and see if any "bugs" creep up.

Reactions: MazeVX

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
I'm sure most of you saw that Texas had some craze winter weather two weeks ago. My family and I were fortunate enough to maintain power through the storm. I saw the slick roads as a good opportunity to road test the truck. With the hubs locked in and the case in 4hi it handled real good. I have been slowly stretching out how far I drive it but so far everything has been pretty good. Here are some photos from the "snow run"!

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
So it has been a while since I updated but for the most part I have been driving the truck and working out little bugs. I ended up installing bigger lift rear springs to get rid of the sag in the rear that I had, while I was at it I replaced the rear main eye hanger. Over the last six months I have started to try to rough out the camping area in the back, a couple weeks ago my youngest son and I took the truck out for the weekend and did a little shake down. Everything work well, I found so things I want to move around but my son had a blast and that’s what its about!

20231112_141453.jpg
20231021_091312.jpg
20231015_153153.jpg
20231015_143542.jpg
20231015_143554.jpg