Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

I think I found my next wish for Christmas, a zombie apocalypse bug out monster. That thing is awesome, can't wait to see it in action.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

But but but it’s not stock on 32” tires how can it possibly be a overlander ?!?!! Put it back to stock and start over again and this time focus on lights and maxtrac mounts ...... lol
Awesome build !!!!!!!

Haha, at least there's one build on here going (way, WAY) more "overkill" than mine and still calling it an Overlander. ;)

Love this thing!

-TJ

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
I think I found my next wish for Christmas, a zombie apocalypse bug out monster. That thing is awesome, can't wait to see it in action.
It is definitely a lot of fun to drive around town! It gets tons of looks and the kids like me to drive them to school!!!! I cant wait to have it back on the road!

Insane ride man!
Thank you man!

Haha, at least there's one build on here going (way, WAY) more "overkill" than mine and still calling it an Overlander. ;)

Love this thing!

-TJ
LOL, too much is never enough!!! Overlander is a fluid term!

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
The donor truck my Cummins came from had some cheap Ebay electric fans already installed, the truck ran good and didn't get hot so I left them when I did the swap. I have always though that having something with a shroud would be better so with everything apart on the front end I decided to make a change. I got a set of 2008 Suburban electric fans and had to shorten the shroud some. I removed 1.5" from the height of the shroud and worked up some upper and lower mounts. The lower mounts are just some studs that slide into a notch in the bottom of the radiator, the upper mount bolts to the top of the shroud and then attaches to the four studs that run across the top of the radiator. Fitting in the truck is "snug" but it clears everything and the shroud has good coverage on the radiator. I had to throw the front end back on the truck to check the fans clearance and you can get a look at how I had to clearance the core support for the tires. It was motivational to see the truck "looking" complete!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Here is a update from the last several weeks, I have the truck sitting back on its own, I finalized the shock hoops, installed the limit straps, built a brace to tie the panhard bracket to the engine crossmember. I also got a little of the body work done for the fender/core support trim. I still have quite of bit small things left to finish up and a few major things like, modifying the driveshafts, getting a custom drag link made, and installing the rear shackle flip. Hope to be getting more of this knocked out in the next few weeks!

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Getting closer, still have to get the driveshafts adjusted and a drag link made, other than that it is mostly little things that are time consuming. Looks like I may have to raise the rear between 1"-2" but it is hard to tell with the slope of the concrete but I am very happy with it so far. I have a CUCV brush guard that I am going to put on, also I am opened to opinions about what to do with the bumper at the ends by where I trimmed the grill and fenders. On to the photos!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Now thats what a truck should look like!

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
It has been a busy last few months with the holidays,"covid", and work but I did get some stuff done! I was able to get all the engine compartment wiring finished up and ran the engine for a while. I also got the rear driveshaft re-worked, hooked up the parking brake, installed the grill guard, and got the new turn signal/marker lights installed. I am waiting for a new draglink to show up and I should be able drive it around some! I also was able to mount my 17gal air tank on the back of the box, I think I like it there and once the spare tire in mounted up the tank shouldn't stick out any further than the tire. On to the photos!!

Headlights, turn signals, and marker lights

Parking brake bracket

Air tank

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

That thing is insane! Incredible build, I'm honestly impressed.
This tires are so huge it makes the service bed looks small.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

LOL! It is a little over the top! This is what it looked like with some 37" tires... The Goodyears are big but I think that the 46's look more proportional!
It looks perfect!
It's just that over here 37" are really big and even the older 3500 trucks are giants.
Jeep wrangler jku or mid-sized trucks considered "to big" here ;-)

Reactions: Mattcrouch1502

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Had a good weekend, was able to drive the truck around a little for the first time in at least a year and a half! I still have some small things to finish up like the rear shackle flip, and clocking the transfer case down, then do some shaking down and re-torqueing but this was very exciting! Here are some photos and I will try to get a short video uploaded.

You can see how low the rear is, I have a ORD 2.5" shackle flip and a anti-wrap bar that I will be installing in the next week or so.

You can see the new bumper trimming!